Richardson Should Be QB

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Messingham throwing him under the bus and constant pressure from the defense is what happened. That being said, I still like his play better than Rohach.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think he showed much better decision making earlier in the season.

I agree. And I blame the coaches for that. They got in his head so he was trying to press and force stuff because of the threat of them pulling him for Rohoch. I pity our QBs . They deserve so much better than the Bush league ******** coaching they recieve.

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
I don't have specifics examples or data but my impression is that 3rd down play has been crap because the pocket has not been holding for crap on a consistent basis. so if 75% of 3rd and outs come from the weakness of the offensive line we might blame the QB for the 25%. But if you step back and look at the big picture, the QB is not at his best because he doesn't have confidence in his boys- for good reason. Richardson had awesome completion at the beginning of the season. And it wasn't a one-game fluke like Steele Janz.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
If we're resting him to get him healthy, great.

If that's why we were putting Rohach out there it would be great. And if we had rested him earlier in the season to allow him to be back to being healthy for the meat of the conference season that also would have been great. But that would require our offensive coaching to have at least a smidgen of ability. So instead they threw him through a meat grinder and played him hurt for a month, then pulled him once they'd successfully destroyed his confidence and health.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He's the best we've got and if healthy and surrounded by good blocking and a coherent game plan would be very good.

If we're resting him to get him healthy, great.
get healthy for what? Our Super Bowl against KU?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I wonder if the staff feels rohach will be ready to take the reins over Richardson next season if they give him experience this year. Maybe they feel rohach is the qb of the future and decided to take our beatings this season to prepare him for next year?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think that Sam has the talent to be our starter going forward, but I don't think he has played well enough that we shouldn't evaluate other options. In our offense, we need a QB to be great, not just average. Sam has had the opportunity to separate himself from everyone else on the roster, but he hasn't done that yet. Maybe he will with time, or maybe he wont. If the coaches think Rohach and Sam are close, I say we need to give Rohach the same chance Sam has been given. We need the best QB on our roster to be our starter. If that is Sam, fine. If that is Grant, fine.

Drew Bledsoe was a very talented starting QB for NE, but NE didn't have any real success until his backup got his chance to show what he could do as a starter. Brady didn't beat him out during camp, but he showed that the team played better with him in the game. I am not saying that Grant is the next Brady, but I think we need to see how the team performs with him as the starter before we label Sam as the starter of the future.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think that Sam has the talent to be our starter going forward, but I don't think he has played well enough that we shouldn't evaluate other options. In our offense, we need a QB to be great, not just average. Sam has had the opportunity to separate himself from everyone else on the roster, but he hasn't done that yet. Maybe he will with time, or maybe he wont. If the coaches think Rohach and Sam are close, I say we need to give Rohach the same chance Sam has been given. We need the best QB on our roster to be our starter. If that is Sam, fine. If that is Grant, fine.

Stop posting Courtney. You need to be getting prepared for the game.