Rhoads Interview

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
How does this random guy with a blog get this 30 minute interview, but the local media doesn't seem to have anything like this.

GREAT interview btw. The guy really seems to know a lot about ISU and really did his research.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
How does this random guy with a blog get this 30 minute interview, but the local media doesn't seem to have anything like this.

GREAT interview btw. The guy really seems to know a lot about ISU and really did his research.

Sounds like this was aired on WHB Sports Radio 810 AM in Kansas City. This guy must have his own talk show, and then just publicized this on his blog. Maybe I'm wrong.

But yeah, it never seems like local media has anything like this. :skeptical:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Sounds like this was aired on WHB Sports Radio 810 AM in Kansas City. This guy must have his own talk show, and then just publicized this on his blog. Maybe I'm wrong.

But yeah, it never seems like local media has anything like this. :skeptical:

That would make sense. I really like his website. But that was absolutely the best ISU interview I have ever heard especially from a St. Louis based show. He asked all the obvious/normal questions but also had some really original thoughts and questions. Rhoads talked a lot about his recruiting style and the hurdles/advantages of ISU. Also a pretty good story about Jake Knott almost tackling a random Hawk fan.:rolleyes: Worth the listen.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm still listening at the moment. Coach Rhoads talking about recruiting tactics is pretty interesting.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
My thoughts:

*Wish that he wouldn't have misunderstood the question about the importance of the Iowa game (he thought the host was asking about UNI) - I would have loved to hear that answer
*Some good discussion about his recruiting philosophy - sounds like the best way to do things at ISU
*Just hearing the drive and passion in his voice makes me want to suit up for him!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

I like this strategy, people in central Iowa already know about Iowa State. People in the Kansas City area could use some more exposure. If even one potential recruit heard CPR... it was worthwhile!