Rhoads has interest in coaching Wisconsin?

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Re: Rhoads has intrest in coaching Wisconsin?

Rhoads stays at ISU..at least until his kid is out of high school. I see CPR as the kind of guy who wouldn't want to uproot his family, especially his high school kid.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

But hey just what we needed with the recruiting class coming together like it has.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

In the last two weeks he has pulled in two of the best recruits ever at ISU, he isnt going anywhere.

And at Wisconsin pulling in 4 star instate recruits isn't headline news (and there are more of them)

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

I think you're being a little homerish here. Wisconsin is a very good job. I don't see Wisconsin going that route so this is a moot point, but I think he'd take it if offered.

I don't think he's saying it's not a good job. It obviously is. But for Rhoads to leave ISU and his family, it would have to blow ISU out of the water. I don't think Wisconsin does.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

I think you're being a little homerish here. Wisconsin is a very good job. I don't see Wisconsin going that route so this is a moot point, but I think he'd take it if offered.

False on him taking the job if offered.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Mid to upper expectation level program (but nothing like the SEC)
Winnable conference
Possible double salary
Close to home still
Great Facilities

Can't say I wouldn't at least check it out.

There's no good reason Wisc shouldn't consistently be the 3rd or 4th best program in the Big Ten, first or second if Mich or OSU is down. That's basically where BB had them. Their fans should have expectations.

If I were a recruit from the well populated Big Ten region, I'd laugh at the idea of living in Nebraska after a Wisconsin or OSU visit. It's a really cool college town with an urban feel and impressive campus.

Reactions: cyfanatic

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

You're also a homer. Coaching in the Big 12 > coaching in the big10.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

At one time KF received a lot of interest from places a step up from Iowa, yet he is still at Iowa. Wisconsin is not enough to lure CPR away.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

1308421895539906.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I love ISU but saying that Whisky is not a step-up from ISU is a joke. They have the money, the facilities, the history and the success that are all ahead of ISU.

Sad but a fact...

As of right now they do not have better facilities. They will sometime next year, but ISU is ahead of them for at least a year.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I love ISU but saying that Whisky is not a step-up from ISU is a joke. They have the money, the facilities, the history and the success that are all ahead of ISU.

Sad but a fact...

This. It would be a step up from where our program is currently at. But I can't see UW coming after Rhoads. They are going to their 3rd Rose Bowl in a row and think quite highly of that. They will be wanting a higher profile coach.

Hey! Chizik is free now! He's got a championship under his belt, even :yes:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I don't think anyone is saying that ISU is a better or equal job to Wisconsin.

What they're saying, and I agree with, is that its not enough of a step up for him to bolt.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

LOL, Wisconsin is by far a much much better job than Iowa State. It is ridiculous to say otherwise. Still though, I think Rhoads stays even if he is offered. This is home for him and he loves it in Ames. Plus his job security is pretty strong so there is a lot of benifits for him staying.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

The only way I see CPR taking a job at this point would be is if ISU took a huge step back. like a 3-4 win season. Right now, ISU has the biggest fan support ever, getting recruits at a much higher level than previous seasons, new state of the art facilities, loved by all cyclone fans and family right here. Why leave at this point? Not saying he wont leave ever, but I don't see it happening yet.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

For a lot of jobs I'd immediately dismiss the notion. But for some reason I can't dismiss this one. It's a step up program-wise, money-wise, yet still close to home for CPR. I'm actually really worried about this rumor. Like sick to my stomach worried.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty

yeah, i mean, who doesnt want a chance to lose their 3rd straight rose bowl?

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines

As of right now they do not have better facilities. They will sometime next year, but ISU is ahead of them for at least a year.

A guy at work was telling me the other day that he read an article stating that part of the reason Bielema left was b/c they weren't willing to put lots of money into their football facilities and Arkansas was going to drop lots of $$$ on theirs here in the next couple years. Of course the Alvarez shadow had a bigger impact but I found it interesting that with their attendance to games and Big 10 tv money they weren't committing to facility improvements more.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

And at Wisconsin pulling in 4 star instate recruits isn't headline news (and there are more of them)

I agree with you that it is a better job than ISU, but I don't agree that Rhoads would drop ISU for Wiscy without at least giving JP a chance to counter offer. I think if we came up with a reasonable counter offer that included a bump for him and his assistants as well as some kind of guarantees in terms of facilities (SEZ????), Rhoads would turn them down. They are few and far between, but some coaches actually have loyalty to their schools, and I think (hope?) Rhoads is one of them. FWIW, I think Ferentz is also one of those coaches.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron