Rhoads' comments on the dismissal of David Irving

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I really hope you find a lovely winning program to follow that gives your life meaning. SEC
is always looking for "fans" like you.

********. You're the type that will scream 'Honor Before Victory' now and then ***** like a child when ISU gives up 250 yards a game on the ground come this fall. You can't have it both ways.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
There's a difference between cheering on your team and wanting them to be good ambassadors of your school and wanting your team to win at all costs.

Sorry, but I was embarrassed when people in Indiana would ask me about the riots that happened. I'm embarrassed when one of our representatives makes poor decisions making my school look bad. Yes, I'm proud when our football team wins. I'm also proud when our volleyball or softball team do well. I'm also proud when our professors make prestigious accomplishment or when our schools make groundbreaking achievements. I'm sorry, but my love for Iowa State doesn't stop at Jack Trice Stadium, so I prefer we show dignity and honor in what we do.
I don't know about you, but I was full of dignity and honor after Baylor trounced us.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
There's a difference between cheering on your team and wanting them to be good ambassadors of your school and wanting your team to win at all costs.

Sorry, but I was embarrassed when people in Indiana would ask me about the riots that happened. I'm embarrassed when one of our representatives makes poor decisions making my school look bad. Yes, I'm proud when our football team wins. I'm also proud when our volleyball or softball team do well. I'm also proud when our professors make prestigious accomplishment or when our schools make groundbreaking achievements. I'm sorry, but my love for Iowa State doesn't stop at Jack Trice Stadium, so I prefer we show dignity and honor in what we do.

So what you're saying is that you so closely identify yourself with an institution that you allow it to define who you are as a person. That is unfortunate.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
********. You're the type that will scream 'Honor Before Victory' now and then ***** like a child when ISU gives up 250 yards a game on the ground come this fall. You can't have it both ways.

You'd still ***** if we did the same with having Irving so your point is just stupid. The guy made the bed he sleeps in. Good riddance to him

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
You'd still ***** if we did the same with having Irving so your point is just stupid. The guy made the bed he sleeps in. Good riddance to him

You allow your jealousy of athletes dictate your every opinion on this type of subject.

Breathe before you try again soho.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
But it is tied to the actions of others, clearly.

You are so full of ****. It's hilarious.

Good try! My dignity and honor aren't effected one way or another by what others do. There's a difference between it effecting me and me wishing Iowa State representatives would show it as well.

Go ahead and keep making yourself seem like an *** though.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...sch&ei=LNRKU4SnE_OFyQHZloDwCg&ved=0CAsQsCUoAw

are we to the point where we try and find a professor with a few years of eligibility left, or a martial arts instructor to play LB?

We have one. IIRC, Levi Peters has taken some martial arts.

I know we are young at LB, but we do have some talent. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I remember back a few years ago when we had a couple of sophomore LB's and people were freaking out. Their names were Knott and Klein.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Good try! My dignity and honor aren't effected one way or another by what others do. There's a difference between it effecting me and me wishing Iowa State representatives would show it as well.

Contradictions for everyone!

Who's really being an *** here? The one being honest or the guy talking about taking pride in the actions of people he's never even met. Pride in things he had nothing to do with.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I applaud this decision. Set the bar high for these young men. You're training them to be men, not just football players. You have to teach lessons from time to time. This may not be a popular decision, but I hope Hoiberg does the same with Abdel Nader.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
My dignity and honor isn't tied to the end results of a football game.
Yet you tie it to how people act in regard to the university. So it's tied to how people screw up or do something positive for the University, but not in wins and losses. Got it.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010

Didn't you say you were embarrassed because of the riot? How is that not affecting your dignity?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
He isn't a better option than Coe would have been. Irving wasn't in Coe's league either though. Coe completely changes this defense if he would have made it to next fall. I can not overstate how big he was to lose. He had played the position for a season and was very good at the end of the year.

Are you referring to Rodney Coe? Because if so he was no where near that good. It is a stretch to even claim he was average. That said we have little depth and he was one of the best we had. Losing him and Irving hurts.

The rationalization that we will be fine because the defense wasn't very good last year doesn't hold water for me. The guys behind these guys and undersized DEs aren't likely to be better.

Speaking of Irving...he should have been let go after last years shenanigans. But instead he was playing soon after.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Are you referring to Rodney Coe? Because if so he was no where near that good. It is a stretch to even claim he was average. That said we have little depth and he was one of the best we had. Losing him and Irving hurts.

The rationalization that we will be fine because the defense wasn't very good last year doesn't hold water for me. The guys behind these guys and undersized DEs aren't likely to be better.

Speaking of Irving...he should have been let go after last years shenanigans. But instead he was playing soon after.

Honestly, we have never had much depth at DL. In many years we have been lucky to have one decent DT, let alone two. And were lucky to have even 4 mediocre or just bodies to fill the positions.

If we would have retained everyone we would have finally had good depth at the position. At least Jensen announced he was not coming back early enough to get some other options. Coe and Irving losses will hurt. But their attitudes seem to have sucked, so a person has to consider that.

For this next year we have Cousin, Trent, and Garcia, along with Aka. Look for Ayeni to slip inside. Our ends should be decent with Morrissey, Meyers, Luna and Pierson. IMO, we can have a more serviceable line than last year.

LB's we lose George. But we have everyone else back. Supposedly Seeley has improved, along with Meeks and Harris. I don't think we are as bad as one might think. Jaques Washington loss hurts, along with Broomfield. But I actually think we can fill in those positions as well. We are young but have potential.