Rhoads Article on ESPN Big XII Blog

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Can't be worried about Rhoads at this point with his commitment to ISU. Even if he hadn't signed that contract, I would take whatever Ubben says with a giant grain of salt as he doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse of anything in the Big 12 except TX football.

Side note, nice comment from an aTm fan at the bottom of the comments section about looking forward to watching us continue to build.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
really? Seemed to me that he is fully committed, he just doesn't know what the future holds.

nobody thought McCarney would be gone 4 years after having the team ranked in the top 10 but things happen.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
really? Seemed to me that he is fully committed, he just doesn't know what the future holds.

nobody thought McCarney would be gone 4 years after having the team ranked in the top 10 but things happen.

I would still have loved him to say something along the lines of "I intend to coach at ISU for as long as they will have me."

resident

Nov 13, 2006
seattle
Can't be worried about Rhoads at this point with his commitment to ISU. Even if he hadn't signed that contract, I would take whatever Ubben says with a giant grain of salt as he doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse of anything in the Big 12 except TX football.

Side note, nice comment from an aTm fan at the bottom of the comments section about looking forward to watching us continue to build.

Ubben does a fair job reporting every team in the Big XII.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I would still have loved him to say something along the lines of "I intend to coach at ISU for as long as they will have me."

I'm sure he's constantly worried in the back of his mind that this trajectory is not sustainable at ISU. Danny Mac did some nice things here, but really, we're starting to get into uncharted waters for Cyclone football.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
CPR only leaves the door open because he doesn't want us to get complacent. We need the same attendance figures next year (or better), and we need to keep improving the facilities (SEZ time).

Reactions: IowaCYcler

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
JoePa got fired. Nothing is for sure. I think that's all he's saying. The only promotion I could see him taking is a shot at the NFL. I don't think he wants to coach at any other college unless he's forced to "retire" like Danny Mac.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I'm sure he's constantly worried in the back of his mind that this trajectory is not sustainable at ISU. Danny Mac did some nice things here, but really, we're starting to get into uncharted waters for Cyclone football.
Well, I'm expecting exponential growth. Big 12 Champs next year, National Champs the year after.

Reactions: bos

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ubben does a fair job reporting every team in the Big XII.

I would agree with this as far as ISU goes. I really haven't paid attention to much of his other coverage, but (maybe because of his early ties to ISU) he seems to give ISU more than a fair shake. It is refreshing.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
ISU will do what it is necessary to keep PR happy at ISU. No one is going to pull PR away from ISU without a serious battle. We may have to bloody a few noses, but just like Iowa has done with KF, we will step up to keep PR happy at ISU.

I've never been more confident in the administrations commitment to successful athletics.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Buy tickets and donate, these will provide the renovations we need, and will keep Rhoads here forever.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
ISU will do what it is necessary to keep PR happy at ISU. No one is going to pull PR away from ISU without a serious battle. We may have to bloody a few noses, but just like Iowa has done with KF, we will step up to keep PR happy at ISU.

I've never been more confident in the administrations commitment to successful athletics.

I would be more confident if GG were sticking around.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Unlike some coaches who look recruits in the eyes and lie to them, Rhoads is just being honest. The evidence is there that he is as committed to this program than any coach in the country to his. However, he won't deny the possibility of something changing. I almost wish he wouldn't be so honest about it. It sounds like this writer decided to emphasize the extreme "what if he left" possibility. Now is a time for Rhoads to use his own pulpit (press conferences and locker room speeches) to drown out any static that might question his commitment. Fortunately, we have a bowl game in a media heavy town. Preach it, Coach Rhoads.

Help Support Us

Become a patron