Restaurants in Chicago??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
I'm in town on business until tomorrow evening. Any good restaurants in the O'Hare area??

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't know about the O'Hare area but Harry Caray's is good and if you love deep dish pizza Gino's is awesome.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
There is a Giordanno's within a short drive of the airport. I like their deep dish pizza the best.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I'm in town on business until tomorrow evening. Any good restaurants in the O'Hare area??

If you're entertaining business clients for dinner, there's no shortage of fine dining in Schaumburg. Send a PM to my buddy (board lurker) SCHRINER and he'll tell you where to go!

If you just want good food in a relaxed atmosphere, I like this little Mexican joint in Mount Prospect called "El Sombrero". Of course I haven't been there in years, but SCHRINER pm'd me about it this AM and my mouth is watering.

I also highly recommend Portillo's if you're in a hurry and need "fast food". While the chain literally started out as a hot dog stand, now they're everywhere and the menu has expanded exponentially! Portillo's rocks!!!

HTH

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I could go on for hours about restraunts in Chicago... Two musts would be Bob Chinn's Crab house and the Brazilian Barbacoa Frogo du Chau

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
There is a Giordanno's within a short drive of the airport. I like their deep dish pizza the best.

OK...I've seen the Giordanno's, Ginos, and Harry Caray's as I'm staying on Higgins.

Which one would be the best for someone who has never been to any of them.

nicmilani

Mar 24, 2006
If you like Sushi ... Sakura on Algonquin and 53 ... Strip mall south of Algonquin. VERY good, VERY authentic.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
OK...I've seen the Giordanno's, Ginos, and Harry Caray's as I'm staying on Higgins.

Which one would be the best for someone who has never been to any of them.

Depends on what you are craving! Ginos is the best for pizza! Giordonnos has great pizza as well as very good Italian food! Harry Caray's has a pretty decent menu with a variety of selections and a pretty decent decor!

I am getting hungry! Gino's would be my first choice right now!

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Anyone been to Bella Bacino's down on Wacker??

My wife and I popped in there off the streets when visiting about 7 years ago and loved their deep dish pizza.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Potbelly's (subs) - Lincoln Park
Hole in the Wall (Italian) - Northbrook
Portillo's (hotdogs, Italian Beef) - all over the place
Lou Malnatti's (PIZZA) - all over the place

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Anyone been to Bella Bacino's down on Wacker??

There used to be a "Bacinos" somewhere around 1900 N. Lincoln in the city, which was far & away our favorite "Chicago-style" pizza. Ginos, Nancy's, Lou Malnati's - none of them held a candle to Bacino's (IMHO)!

I wonder if this is a successor to the Bacinos which I frequented many years ago? If it's the same "family", that's good stuff!