Rest of the Year

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Babb
Wigginton
Shayok
Horton-Tucker
Lard

That'll be a small ball lineup we play with a lot next year I promise you. You can get away with it because Babb Shayok and THT are all big guards. Wigginton can jump out of the gym. Babb should have some ridiculous assist numbers. All of those guys can put the ball in the bucket at a high clip.

I don't think Horton-Tucker will be starting at the 4.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I am sticking with my beginning of the year call. We will get 2 wins in conference this year. Unfortunately 1 of my 2 already happened and we lost. So now we need to steal 1 somewhere. I really like this team, but they are young, unexperienced, and not deep enough to win in the big 12. Next year we win 25 games so all is good to me.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I don't think Horton-Tucker will be starting at the 4.

Agreed. Never said he would start there. I said we will play a lot of small ball with that lineup. Malik Newman was playing the four against us at 6'3" with success. Four guard lineups are so hard to defend. We played Nick Babb at the four last year. THT is bigger and more physical than both Newman and Babb.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I am sticking with my beginning of the year call. We will get 2 wins in conference this year. Unfortunately 1 of my 2 already happened and we lost. So now we need to steal 1 somewhere. I really like this team, but they are young, unexperienced, and not deep enough to win in the big 12. Next year we win 25 games so all is good to me.

I think the team will at least double that actually. They are learning their roles and improving on their weaknesses each game. There was a lot lineup and injury issues the that contributed greatly in the 4 losses, even so 3 of those 50/50 games. I am getting the feeling LW is close to taking the leadership role and be the closer for those games moving forward.
The Big 12 is a meat grinder but this team has talent so only 2 wins is realistic. I just believe once they finish 1 win and more will follow.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
We're a 3 point dog tomorrow afternoon. I have a feeling we're going to be a 2-5 point dog at home all year. Hopefully we can snag a couple of those.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I think the team will at least double that actually. They are learning their roles and improving on their weaknesses each game. There was a lot lineup and injury issues the that contributed greatly in the 4 losses, even so 3 of those 50/50 games. I am getting the feeling LW is close to taking the leadership role and be the closer for those games moving forward.
The Big 12 is a meat grinder but this team has talent so only 2 wins is realistic. I just believe once they finish 1 win and more will follow.

I hope your right, We just got that 1st win you speak of. The guys looked really happy after the game, it was neat to see them get the W. I hope many more follow, and that I am way wrong with my prediction. I really like the way next season looks.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

SIAP....Speaking of not being deep enough, did Talley and Jakolby go thru warmups? Didn't know if Talley's foot was bothering him, or Prohm just didn't feel comfortable with matches. Don't get me wrong, I don't care how many guys play, just hadn't heard or read anything as to why Beverly over Talley. Beverly gave us some decent minutes tho.