Reports of P5 commisioners having emergency meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The difference being that the people “breathing on you” were likely tested five times that week including hours before kick off. Who the hell knows where the people at the frat party, bars, restaurants, grocery stores or gyms have been.
Everyone seems to act like in a scenario where we play football that people that enter that stadium or compete wouldn’t have been tested multiple times that week including that morning.
There won’t be anyone in that stadium that hasn’t tested negative that same day.
I’m not sure that any other place you go (employer, grocery store, gas station) can give you that same assurance.

Do you not believe that schools are going to heavily test all participants and other auxiliary people?

Where have you seen that CFB players and personnel would be rested 5 times a week? That sounds really expensive to pull off.

Reactions: bawbie

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I’m pissed whenever I drive past a bar and see all of the pickup trucks in the lot knowing damn well it’s packed with idiots not wearing masks, breathing all over each other, showing off their latest tats and chugging their favorite pumpkin spice IPA. F*** all of you stupid bastards for spreading a nasty virus and killing the season. You know who you are.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So if we have football, then the players won't be out at bars or parties??

When did this happen? They won't be in a bubble as far as I know.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’m pissed whenever I drive past a bar and see all of the pickup trucks in the lot knowing damn well it’s packed with idiots not wearing masks, breathing all over each other, showing off their latest tats and chugging their favorite pumpkin spice IPA. F*** all of you stupid bastards for spreading a nasty virus and killing the season. You know who you are.

pickup trucks...tats...pumpkin spice IPAs. Which bar are we talking about here?

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
shocking developments

The people who said covid isn't that serious are the ones freaking out.

And now have turned it into 'well all of you that were hoping this would happen are going to see how bad it is for a lot of people'.

Reactions: keepngoal

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
We all know most of the players want to play, so you don't need to bother with these tweets. What the players want means nothing in this.
why not they are the ones putting themselves most at risk here by all of your accounts... they are the one being directly effected by playing or not.. you sitting at home won't be..

• Dumb
Reactions: clonedude

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Which is one reason the season is being cancelled
So if we are talking about the lasting effects of Co-Vid 19 (not contagion issues) then why have we been moving forward with football for the last six years when we actually KNOW and have science to support the long-term effects of concussions.

• Winner

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So if we are talking about the lasting effects of Co-Vid 19 (not contagion issues) then why have we been moving forward with football for the last six years when we actually KNOW and have science to support the long-term effects of concussions.

I can't catch a concussion while shopping outside of Black Friday.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I can't catch a concussion while shopping outside of Black Friday.
Yep I understand the contagion aspect. But this conversation was about not moving forward with football because of the unknowns associated with the long-term effects of Co-Vid 19.

• Agree

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Yep I understand the contagion aspect. But this conversation was about not moving forward with football because of the unknowns associated with the long-term effects of Co-Vid 19.

That's only one of the reasons to consider. Many more reasons exist.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Because of money and actually I think there's a trend of less kids playing it and I've got a couple of coaching friends that had the feeling it's going to eventually implode as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron