REPORT: Six Big Ten teams to play their own 10 game season?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Now do long term effects....

The irony of people suddenly being worried about long term medical effects within the context of whether or not to play football is not lost on me.

Directly, we have people dying and being paralyzed from this sport. Indirectly, we have people damaging their brains, breaking bones, tearing ligaments, etc.

But it's a potential heart condition we really know nothing about that causes us concern about players long term health.

I'm not discounting any of these things as not being serious, because they all are. But it's comical that all the sudden the "long term health" of a football player has become some big concern. If that's truly a concern, this is a sport that probably just shouldn't exist.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The irony of people suddenly being worried about long term medical effects within the context of whether or not to play football is not lost on me.

Directly, we have people dying and being paralyzed from this sport. Indirectly, we have people damaging their brains, breaking bones, tearing ligaments, etc.

But it's a potential heart condition we really know nothing about that causes us concern about players long term health.

I'm not discounting any of these things as not being serious, because they all are. But it's comical that all the sudden the "long term health" of a football player has become some big concern. If that's truly a concern, this is a sport that probably just shouldn't exist.

It might seem crazy, but I have a feeling all this catches up with the sport at some point.

I do not think it has another century (with the NFL) or century-and-a-half (with the NCAA) ahead of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
How many long term effects do you think there are in a disease killing a lot less people than car accidents do in the 18-24 age group? Good grief, thats utter b.s. Most of them get asympomatic or mild cases of the disease. its a MANUFACTURED FEAR.

Its a virus that has a median age of death exactly what the normal mortality rate is for all deaths!

Its a virus that has about 50% of its death from nursing home patients. Whats the average life of someone entering a nursing home? 5 months. How much long term risk does that really pose to an 18-24 year old?

We are

Its taking a large percentage of people from death's doorstep and the main stream media and groups and organizations influenced by the progressive left as its a threat to all of society. Its time to be honest about the virus, we know enough about it. The left fears life and the economy getting back to normal and Trump winning in November. They deserve to pay a heavy penalty for this.

Really neat comparison. JFC!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
How many long term effects do you think there are in a disease killing a lot less people than car accidents do in the 18-24 age group? Good grief, thats utter b.s. Most of them get asympomatic or mild cases of the disease. its a MANUFACTURED FEAR.

Its a virus that has a median age of death exactly what the normal mortality rate is for all deaths!

Its a virus that has about 50% of its death from nursing home patients. Whats the average life of someone entering a nursing home? 5 months. How much long term risk does that really pose to an 18-24 year old?

We are

Its taking a large percentage of people from death's doorstep and the main stream media and groups and organizations influenced by the progressive left as its a threat to all of society. Its time to be honest about the virus, we know enough about it. The left fears life and the economy getting back to normal and Trump winning in November. They deserve to pay a heavy penalty for this.

Some decent facts but those are kinda frowned on around here. I wish you luck round these parts.

Reactions: Win5002

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
It is actually 27.5 months but continue on . . . .

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh, we're talking about the married couple in the Metrodome. They just weren't married to each other.
I know the woman was married (and now divorced), I didn't think the guy was.
The woman had to ride back with her husband to western Iowa after. Awkward.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The Big 10 has never been so messed up. It's going to be fascinating to see how the college football landscape changes in two years as the media contracts are nearing expiration.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Some decent facts but those are kinda frowned on around here. I wish you luck round these parts.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
It is actually 27.5 months but continue on . . . .

That was a typo on my part. I meant to use median not average. That number is correct for median life expectancy after entering a nursing home.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Its a virus that has about 50% of its death from nursing home patients. What is the life expectancy of someone entering a nursing home? 5 months. How much long term risk does that really pose to an 18-24 year old?

We are

Calm down.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Its a virus that has about 50% of its death from nursing home patients. What is the life expectancy of someone entering a nursing home? 5 months. How much long term risk does that really pose to an 18-24 year old?

We are

Shut the **** up donny

Reactions: Cyclad

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I think someone asked up-thread...but how would the money work? The B1G splits up the TV revenue from 6 teams by 14 ADs?

What about eligibility? The super 6 burn a year and the ehh 8 don't?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Now do median...
220px-Interstate_80_in_Hemlock_Township%2C_Columbia_County%2C_Pennsylvania.JPG