CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Some time ago I was criticized when I corrected a staff writer's usage of a metaphor from free reign v. to free rein, that a public scolding was uncalled for. Now, I think that anyone that writes for a living would be more than willing to be corrected in order to improve his craft and should be professional enough to accept that correction.
It was not the staff writer that complained, but I actually wanted to send a personal message as an e-mail or some such.
Suggestion is to introduce a process to do that, if it can be done without opening another can of worms.

This sounds rich, especially with the bolded part. I'm sure it was a profoundly sound criticism.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
It's because the page hasn't fully loaded when you start scrollling. When it's done loading, that's when it goes back up to the post you started with.

I believe you are correct. The question then is why is it taking so long to load the page. It's 30 seconds to a minute sometimes before it pops back up the page, long enough to have read half the posts on the page. Very frustrating.

• Agree
Reactions: CyArob

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Is there a way to implement the thread page # buttons on the recent threads page? The #s show up when in an individual forum, such as "Site Feedback and Support", but on the main recent threads page, no page #s are available. Would be nice to be able to go to the last page of a thread with one click.

Reactions: GingerNinja

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
The new format is extremely slow, no it's not my connection or device. Old forum loaded in over half the time, too much going on. Wish you could have the option to load a basic skimmed down version.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG and CyArob

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Personally, I've been struggling with the new site transition. For weeks now, I've been trying to pinpoint what it is and I think I finally figured out what it is. On the old site on the main forum page, there was a column with the breakdown of which sub-forum each threat belonged (ie: Basketball, Football, Off-Topic)

This info is kind of hidden in the new setup. Anyway this could be enhanced to make it more noticeable?

By the way... this is on desktop only. I haven't viewed on mobile at all.

Thanks for all you do for the Cyclone community.

• Agree
Reactions: MartyMcCy

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
Personally, I've been struggling with the new site transition. For weeks now, I've been trying to pinpoint what it is and I think I finally figured out what it is. On the old site on the main forum page, there was a column with the breakdown of which sub-forum each threat belonged (ie: Basketball, Football, Off-Topic)

This info is kind of hidden in the new setup. Anyway this could be enhanced to make it more noticeable?

By the way... this is on desktop only. I haven't viewed on mobile at all.

Thanks for all you do for the Cyclone community.
This and the 20 messages per page thing are my main annoyances with the new site as well. First world problems, I know.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So... if you've entered any text in the reply and happen to hit page up, it will completely jank up your page to the left with an inability to scroll it back

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Still would love to have an option to go to the last page of a thread from the "Recent Threads" page.

Reactions: kcclones

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The "New Posts" button is no longer on the toolbar, and doesn't appear to be anywhere on the website. I think a lot of us use that.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonepride