Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thought I'd open up a new thread.

A few things:

1) We are working to fix the issue of the random white page with an ad on it after a click. I know. It's annoying for me too.

2) Regarding podcasts: If you're having problems, please unsubscribe (or even delete) the CF podcast subscription and then re-subscribe. That should do the trick. If not, please report it here.

3) I am going to be opening up a separate thread to start adding social groups back onto this site this weekend so look out for that.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
This is minor but it does bug me. The title of The article is over the picture used for recruiting updates. And since that picture says recruiting update it looks like a jumbled mess to my eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Ok. This is starting to make more sense.

Thanks.

Reason being: The "recent posts" feature works very differently in XenForo compared to VBulletin, hence the issues we have had. I appreciate it. Any additional details would be great.

I'm using Chrome. The opt out for the cave is working but in-state rivals opt out is not.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

A few things:

1) We are working to fix the issue of the random white page with an ad on it after a click. I know. It's annoying for me too.

2) Regarding podcasts: If you're having problems, please unsubscribe (or even delete) the CF podcast subscription and then re-subscribe. That should do the trick. If not, please report it here.

3) I am going to be opening up a separate thread to start adding social groups back onto this site this weekend so look out for that.

For me personally the white screen of frustration after posting and having to hit refresh is annoying as heck. Maybe not a big deal to the majority of visitors since most just read and don't post.

I would think #1 for you as a business would be the political thread showing on the forum default screen. CF has become more then just a sports board, it's really the go to ISU community board. I think the political stuff is a likely turnoff to casual users coming here for the sports and community connection. This should be an opt out as default, not something that people have to set themselves to avoid. Unless I got it wrong since I was not opted in before and am now (and, yes, got sucked in and post there now!)

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
For me personally the white screen of frustration after posting and having to hit refresh is annoying as heck. Maybe not a big deal to the majority of visitors since most just read and don't post.

I would think #1 for you as a business would be the political thread showing on the forum default screen. CF has become more then just a sports board, it's really the go to ISU community board. I think the political stuff is a likely turnoff to casual users coming here for the sports and community connection. This should be an opt out as default, not something that people have to set themselves to avoid. Unless I got it wrong since I was not opted in before and am now (and, yes, got sucked in and post there now!)

I thought we had the politics thing worked out be apparent we do not. I've sent Jeremy a few notes on this...will hopefully be fixable on our end. If not, it's a server thing and we should be able to have that corrected next week.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Is there anyway to get an audio version of the video interviews on ITunes?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's a small thing, but on the right side of the page while I'm viewing a thread, there are links recent threads. Each link shows a picture of the OP, then the title. Under the title is the OP's name, and a description of the last activity. The problem is the way it reads: "ChrisMWilliams replied 7 minutes ago". Except it was actually YelloSnow that replied 7 minutes ago. It's disconcerting.

IAST8-01

Aug 5, 2016
I'm not able to download any of the podcasts. I don't have an iPhone so I don't use iTunes. I use BeyondPod for my podcast app on Android. It used to work great on the old site, but now it appears to be broken. I have tired http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/feed/ and http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/podcasts/feed/ and neither one works. It gives a list of articles, but the audio files are not attached for download.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a different URL I should be using?

PLEASE HELP!

Cyride1

Aug 18, 2012

A few things: