Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I have a tough time believing that the Big Ten would move that fast. They're notorious for taking their time on stuff like this.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
From an economics point of view, this Ku to B10 move makes zero sense to me. The incremental TV revenue would have to increase by over $50 million for this to pay off for the other members. And Fox can have Ku hoops in an expanded B12 or B12/P12 alliance. They're certainly not going to the SEC.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
From an economics point of view, this Ku to B10 move makes zero sense to me. The incremental TV revenue would have to increase by over $50 million for this to pay off for the other members. And Fox can have Ku hoops in an expanded B12 or B12/P12 alliance. They're certainly not going to the SEC.
There are no $50 million dollar school out there that the Big 10 can snag unless they can pick off a couple of the Pac 12 schools.
People have to get off this idea that the SEC took OU and UT and we only got KU? Being first generally means you get the pick of the litter and that is what the SEC did.
Picking up KU would benefit their bb schedule, and while it adds zero to football, what did Rutgers and Maryland add besides the markets of NY and Wash/Baltimore?

The EIU boards are crazy with this idea that the Big 10 can just pick and choose any school and they will all jump to the big 10 without any thought towards that schools present GOR standing or the travel involved for those schools.
For every Oregon vs Ohio State game, it also means an Oregon vs Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers games.

How many fans of USC are just dying to go see their team play at Maryland, Iowa City and Purdue?

goldmember

May 31, 2006
The KU to B1G rumor started on Orange Bloods yesterday, and another poster on a Michigan State board also heard rumblings. Time will tell.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
The KU to B1G rumor started on Orange Bloods yesterday, and another poster on a Michigan State board also heard rumblings. Time will tell.

KU's media guys are starting to say this is picking up steam and an announcement could happen fairly soon.

CyrideAllstar

Mar 1, 2021
This would 100% push the B1G to try to get to at least 16. KU and ISU come on down.
I'm almost to the point that if the pac and big invited iowa state I would rather they join the pac. All over the web big 10 fans are saying: no thanks to Iowa state, let's go after usc and ucla."

..f em then.

CloneOutWest

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Boise, ID
I'm almost to the point that if the pac and big invited iowa state I would rather they join the pac. All over the web big 10 fans are saying: no thanks to Iowa state, let's go after usc and ucla."

..f em then.

I don't care what Big 10 fans say/think. I want what's best for Iowa State and landing in the Big 10 would be much better than the Pac 12. No better way to say "f em" than to join their conference and win.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't care what Big 10 fans say/think. I want what's best for Iowa State and landing in the Big 10 would be much better than the Pac 12. No better way to say "f em" than to join their conference and win.

I think most fans in the Big 10 (sans tavern hoks) like the idea of ISU in the Big 10; they just can’t immediately see how it would make sense.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm having a hard time believing this is leaking out when the Big 12 hasn't gotten their pound of flesh from OU and UT yet.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see an announcement either.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron