Report: Former USF WR is in Ames. Will he commit?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Few things that have me concerned: 1) He is coming from the beaches of south FL. to the cornfields (literally) of Iowa. Might not be a great selling point, especially since he has lived in FL his whole life.
and 2) West Virginia. The way I see it, looking at who his list is limited to, WVU poses the biggest threat to us in terms of "wooing" this kid. You can bet that he remembers watching WR's like Bailey and Austin running around in Dana Holgerson's offense. Not much to compare it to when looking at ISU's offense (unfortunately). We can only hope he's got a little Lazard in him and wants to start something new and act as a springboard to our program.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Few things that have me concerned: 1) He is coming from the beaches of south FL. to the cornfields (literally) of Iowa. Might not be a great selling point, especially since he has lived in FL his whole life.
and 2) West Virginia. The way I see it, looking at who his list is limited to, WVU poses the biggest threat to us in terms of "wooing" this kid. You can bet that he remembers watching WR's like Bailey and Austin running around in Dana Holgerson's offense. Not much to compare it to when looking at ISU's offense (unfortunately). We can only hope he's got a little Lazard in him and wants to start something new and act as a springboard to our program.

Well, if it's us an virginny, and you're concerned with him not liking our cornfields...let's make sure he's got a copy of deliverance.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well, if it's us an virginny, and you're concerned with him not liking our cornfields...let's make sure he's got a copy of deliverance.

D'Vario's home in Florida is a lot closer to where Deliverance took place than Morgantown. He's probably used to it. Wouldn't want to offend him

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

He took an official visit here in the middle of ******* January. I'm sure he got a good idea of what the weather would be like then and that there are no beaches or palm trees here.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I still like our chances though with Richardson having thrown to him before. Plus, Montgomery has to know who's already committed and noticed potential. I saw WV had 3 3 stars committed so far.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
D'Vario's home in Florida is a lot closer to where Deliverance took place than Morgantown. He's probably used to it.

I, and Ned Beatty, are somewhat concerned at you inferring he's used to Deliverance

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I, and Ned Beatty, are somewhat concerned at you inferring he's used to Deliverance

yeah, maybe I didn't choose the right word, there.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Sam Richardson - Destination Quarterback.

20142734_BG1.jpg

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Sam Richardson - Destination Quarterback.

20142734_BG1.jpg

A bigger bonus is that the last time he visited Sam was still red shirting and there was no guarantee he would end up the starter. He has a chance to establish himself and be set up for big things with an improved receiving corps in 2014.

Apr 19, 2006
So is he on campus or isn't he? Has anybody been able to confirm?

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
For real though.. 2014 could be a HUGE year for us.
Lazard
Mister
Montgomery
Nealy
Sammy Football
Bundrage
And all of the o-line back? Damn that could be a special special year for us!

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
Lazard
Mister
Montgomery
Nealy
Sammy Football
Bundrage

Lets hope Jeff Jones is on that list as well

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Lazard
Mister
Montgomery
Nealy
Sammy Football
Bundrage

All of the above will be back for 2015 as well. I think that could be the year to make a serious run.

Apr 19, 2006
Don't we lose two o-line next year or am I looking at an outdated depth chart?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
The depth we COULD have at receiver is looking good suddenly.

I am imagining that Lazard, Montgomery, and Bundrage are all outside-the-hashes-type WRs, meaning in a lot of formations, one might not be on the field? That's sort of a nice situation to have. And that's not even mentioning Quan West, Dondre Daley, etc!

Woo-Wee! (johnny orr voice)

Throw in Wesley and Kendrick we got a lot of depth for a long time. Richardson will have quite the targets for his Jr. and Senior year maybe the most talented recieving corps ever if they live up anywhere near their potential.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron