Remembering food and beverages from childhood

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
One of these for sure!?

View attachment 108888

I am 100% positive that this is the only container koolaid was served in from 1980 to 1999
Absolutely!!!!

But we had a couple of these in different sizes. We had an extra large one strictly reserved for Milk. As I mentioned in the other thread we got our milk, straight from the Bulk Tank so it was always in a pitcher.

And the normal 2 liter size was for other drinks.

We had several like this too, that I think we got free from somewhere, as I think there was a business label on some of the lids.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
14f2aacd275c5e28.jpg

Reactions: cdnlngld

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
How about these?

If you had 3 of the ones in the lower left, you could stack them up, in such a way, as to spell "SEX" and it was soooooooo scandalous.

3-3.jpg

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Absolutely!!!!

But we had a couple of these in different sizes. We had an extra large one strictly reserved for Milk. As I mentioned in the other thread we got our milk, straight from the Bulk Tank so it was always in a pitcher.

We had several like this too, that I think we got free from somewhere, as I think there was a business label on some of the lids.

View attachment 108892
yeah, we had this one in green, I think.

The yellow Tupperware one was for milk. this one was for orange juice.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Maybe enough boomers on here...

In the sixties did your mom ever make Jell-O "malts"? My mom used to freeze powdered jello and something else (maybe hot water and milk?) and then cut it into squares, put it in the blender and it came out like a malt...unfortunately there were only fruit flavors.

Anybody? I have Googled with no luck.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
My grandparents lived in S. Illinois, they would always take us to Shoney's. We thought it was amazing.

Because it was...

God bless my brother in law. There are quite a few years between my oldest sister and the rest of my siblings. As children, Shoney's is awesome. And every time we went to visit them we went to Shoney's for Sunday morning breakfast. He had to be questioning marrying into our family.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Absolutely!!!!

View attachment 108892

Anyone who grew up in the 80's had this at some point.

Reactions: 2speedy1

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
My grandmother used to have “fizzies”. It was a drink that was made by placing a tablet in a glass of water.

We had those growing up, too!

The pudding roll-ups earlier reminded me of Jell-O Pudding Pops … yes, they were promoted big time by Bill Cosby, but those things were the bomb. There used to be a stand at Adventureland that inky sold Pudding Pops, and I’d drop too much money there every time we went to Adventureland.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
We did regularly get gallon buckets of Ice cream. I think because when we farmed it was something we could get at a discount from the creamery, then it became a mainstay even after we quit farming.

We had Swanns and another independent food delivery for a short time but they were too expensive for us, so most of the time we would HIDE when they came. Anyone else have to do that when the Swanns man came. Mom would yell Hide!!!! We would scramble to hide to make him think we werent home. LOL.

Didnt get to have these a lot but man they were good.

1674854772804.png

My neighbor always had popsicles they made at home from koolaid put in the tupperware molds.

1674854865822.png