Remaining 2 open scholarships

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
We have 2 remaining scholarships to fill and what looks like 3 recruits to fill these spots.

George Conditt
Talon Horton-Tucker
Tyler Harris

I would be thrilled to have any of these players, but I am curious which 2 people would prefer.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'd be happy with any combination. Heck, I wouldn't mind having a mid-year available either.

I think Conditt is probably furthest away from contributing, but he also has the potential to be a type of player we very rarely see at ISU. It's hard to decide.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
I know people love THT due to his offer list, but I'd rather have Conditt and Harris to fill position needs. It seems to me like Griffin and THT have fairly similar skillsets, whereas Harris would provide another bucket-getter PG that Prohm loves and Conditt would be a legit big man

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I know people love THT due to his offer list, but I'd rather have Conditt and Harris to fill position needs. It seems to me like Griffin and THT have fairly similar skillsets, whereas Harris would provide another bucket-getter PG that Prohm loves and Conditt would be a legit big man

****, I'd love to have 3-4 guys out there with similar skill sets to THT and Griffin! Remember when we had a front line of Hogue, Ejim, and Niang? It sucked so much to have that versatility out there ;)

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd take any combination of the 3. I had read somewhere maybe Harris had cooled on Iowa State, but has that been refuted?

• Disagree
Reactions: ComCY

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
All three. Conditt and Harris this fall and THT next spring after a scholly opens up. I don't have any particular player in mind as to who is leaving, but stuff happens. It's unrealistic that everyone on the roster right now with eligibility for the 2018-2019 season will still be here by the beginning of next April.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
ISU will have another scholarship open this spring. There will be some attrition. There is every year.

This coming year we have 2 scholarship guys sitting out. That means we have 10 scholarship guys left that can play. I really don't see who might be that guy that decides to transfer. And the new guys coming in are not necessarily locks over the other guys to get minutes.

If Conditt commits then we take him. If Harris commits then we take him. If THT misses out because he wanted to wait or whatever then so be it. There is a reason guys should commit when offered. There may not be an open spot later. Learn the lesson from Rashad Vaughn recruitment. Pass on a very good player hoping to get another is a fools game.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

They're going to push as hard as they can to get THT in the next month or however long it goes. Conditt joining the fleet in 2 weeks and all 3 of our commits actively recruiting him + the staff gives us a decent chance one would think. I like that the latest update on THT basically said that Michigan State is no longer one of the top teams after him.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
This coming year we have 2 scholarship guys sitting out. That means we have 10 scholarship guys left that can play. I really don't see who might be that guy that decides to transfer.

Jakolb Long. Nick Weiller-Babb could grad transfer.

I don’t really want to speculate on who might but there’s been at least 2 players transfer every year since 2010-11 so odds are that someone will leave.

16-17: Kasongo, Carter.
15-16: Cooke, Ashton, Ernst
14-15: Custer, Jackson, Tsalmpouris
13-14: Dorsey-Walker
12-13: Okoro, Law
11-12: Railey, Sledge
10-11: McKnight, Godfrey

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I don't want to speculate, but Jakobly Long and Nick Weiller-Babb could transfer.

Yeah I realized my self contradiction as soon as I posted that. Oh well.. if someone is going to transfer this spring one of those two would be my guess.