[Hold on, it’s not over yet] PATHWAY TO DALLAS

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Updated the standings. No changes to the game predictions.
We are still sitting just fine to make it. Just have to beat KSU, that win will be critical.
If we lose to either WVU, BAY or KU, we don't deserve to go to the championship.
Root for TCU and OSU to win their games.

OSU is definitely the best team right now in the Big 12. We hung with them with playing a dud of a game on offense.

We are sitting well. Just win 4 and we'll likely make it.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I will add:
Although we still control our destiny, root for OSU to beat KSU and TEX.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
We are still sitting just fine to make it. Just have to beat KSU, that win will be critical.
If we lose to either WVU, BAY or KU, we don't deserve to go to the championship.

OSU is definitely the best team right now in the Big 12. We hung with them with playing a dud of a game on offense.

Win out at home and don’t lose focus next week at Kansas.
Also, just for fun, go down and put a little more heat on Mensa’s seat.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and cyclone4L

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Hope you're right but I think OU may be the best team by Bedlam. Either way beat Kst and we're sitting pretty good.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Hope you're right but I think OU may be the best team by Bedlam. Either way beat Kst and we're sitting pretty good.
I have OSU’s only loss to OU. With us in the hunt and OSU and KSU undefeated, it makes it hard for them to sneak in there.
We need to beat KSU and for them to lose another game (OSU/TEX) to be comfortable.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I have OSU’s only loss to OU. With us in the hunt and OSU and KSU undefeated, it makes it hard for them to sneak in there.
We need to beat KSU and for them to lose another game (OSU/TEX) to be comfortable.

I think OU runs the table
OkSt loses to OU.
KSt loses to OkSt

So if we beat KSt we can survive an upset. As everyone else will have 3 loses and we'd have tiebreakers on the 2 loss teams.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
KSU and Texas are both going to be tough games. On paper I think we’re a better team than both but those are still two solid teams

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We need to win out, beat KSU or have UT lose another game. OU is going to win out, so we cannot afford another loss if we want to get to the championship game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We need to win out, beat KSU or have UT lose another game. OU is going to win out, so we cannot afford another loss if we want to get to the championship game.

OU has 2 loses and we have the head to head tiebreaker, if we beat KSt we'll be sitting pretty good.

83cy

May 14, 2006
KSU and Texas are both going to be tough games. On paper I think we’re a better team than both but those are still two solid teams
totally agree two tough games and one slip up against WVU or BU................ bye bye.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
totally agree two tough games and one slip up against WVU or BU................ bye bye.
We do not deserve to play, or should be allowed to play, in Dallas if we lay an egg to either of those squads.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I think OSU will take care of Texas next week, OSU is good, Texas is a hot mess and a win against Baylor didn't change their situation.

Kansas State game is going to be huge.

I really hope CMC doesn't revert to his conservative ways when playing an lesser opponent and puts the pedal to the metal and not let up in our next two games. Give our offense a feeling of success heading into the KSU game.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
K-state is going to be huge and that’s never an easy win for ISU in the last two decades. Thankful for the open week before (unless Baylor has another COVID outbreak)

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Nothing I can add here. oSu held serve with their backloaded schedule. As I wrote earlier, the game was the biggest of the year only if ISU had won. Now, we'll see how this plays out.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

I haven't run through all the possibilities yet of upsets and how it affects what, but root for OkSt the rest of the way especially this weekend against Texas. We need Texas to be a 3 loss team so we can afford to lose in Austin.

The next two weeks will add A LOT of clarity to the Big 12. Luckily, we have Kansas and a dishelved Baylor that lost their running backs. Break out the black unis when KSU comes to town; we are going to need the magic.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I haven't run through all the possibilities yet of upsets and how it affects what, but root for OkSt the rest of the way especially this weekend against Texas. We need Texas to be a 3 loss team so we can afford to lose in Austin.

The next two weeks will add A LOT of clarity to the Big 12. Luckily, we have Kansas and a dishelved Baylor that lost their running backs. Break out the black unis when KSU comes to town; we are going to need the magic.
I think WVU gets Kansas State at home this weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: CRCySpy

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think WVU gets Kansas State at home this weekend.
That would help, but not sure how much. If they lose to WVU and we lose to them, we would need to beat Texas and Texas to beat KSU the following weekend (as well as OkSt beating KSU and us winning the three other games).

All these scenarios become a tangled mess when you factor in who ISU loses to. Just win baby!

Reactions: nrg4isu

Help Support Us

Become a patron