[Hold on, it’s not over yet] PATHWAY TO DALLAS

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Updated standings.

KU is terrible. WVU’s offense is pretty bad; but their D can hold their own.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Feel like our game against Oklahoma State is a bit of an early qualifier for the title game, more for us than OSU since they still have a lot left. If we go 4-0 to start with 2 wins over legit contenders that's about as good as we can ask for, and with only 1-2 teams left that legit bother me. Feels good

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I'm well aware of what happened then. If I remember correctly, the selection committee said TCU was not selected because they were lacking "an extra data point". Well the Big 10 only plays an 8 game season this year (assuming they get all of their games in). Do you you think the selection committee is going to leave Ohio State out because they're lacking an extra data point? Hardly.

No because - THEY'RE OHIO STATE. TCU, Baylor, Ok State, Iowa State; hell yes they've getting left out.
Way to move the goal posts on your response.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The only thing we know for sure, is that our fans prematurely thinking we might make the CCG is critical to the team's performance.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think you have to hope to win one of KSU/OSU/UT and then take care of BU/KU/WVU

That's what makes me feel good about all this. Most years the conversation is "Hey all we have to do is win our next 8 games and we might find our way into this with a little help!"

This year we just have to win the games we should and split the toss ups. Honestly, the last 6 games I feel good about all of them. I don't see us running the table, but tell me which team is for sure going to beat us? If we win Saturday, we're favored the rest of the way

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ahem. Why set minimum goals?

I hope to win all three. And take care of the rest.
The Cyclones could run the table in conference but because of the shortened season all the squawk trolls would be able to talk about would be ISU still not having a 10 win season. Kind of like losing to a team but claiming a moral victory because they did it with field goals and didn't score a TD...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The Cyclones could run the table in conference but because of the shortened season all the squawk trolls would be able to talk about would be ISU still not having a 10 win season. Kind of like losing to a team but claiming a moral victory because they did it with field goals and didn't score a TD...
That would require paying attention to Hawk trolls.

I mean, seriously. I have an idiot neighbor I tune out every word coming out of his mouth and nod politely. And as far as I know, nothing of it has anything to do with sports.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
A good thing to know.
If the rest of my predictions hold up, we can afford to lose this weekend and still make the championship game. However, we would be playing OSU in the championship.
If we were to lose this weekend, the only single game that could knock us out of the championship is TEX winning the OSU-TEX matchup.
This weekend and next weekend will offer a lot of clarity to the Big 12

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
whar @Dale with his computer calculations he did for bball

what are %s if we win/lose this weekend

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
whar @Dale with his computer calculations he did for bball

what are %s if we win/lose this weekend

Is this what you're looking for?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Is this what you're looking for?

you betcha

@Dale comin up clutch again

• Agree
Reactions: psychlones

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Per Neal Brown regarding who Texas Tech has played ... "... And they played at Iowa State, who is also tied for first in our league. That’s one of the toughest places to play in the Big 12.” LOVE reading things like this.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
WHERE does this loss put us?

Personally, we’re still in the hunt. Our next big games are against Texas and KSU. With KSU losing their QB, I feel better about our chances that game, assuming we have a similar performance as we did against TCU, OU, and TTU.

As for this game, winning would have put us and KSU in the driver seat. Now that we lost, we still have a good shot, but we probably can only lose 1 game the rest of the season to make it to the champ game.

OSU still has to play a lot of teams in the top half of the league. We’ve played all but two of those (Texas and KSU).

Reactions: besserheimerphat