Relevant?

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
As a source of sports information regarding ISU, I find this web site becoming more and more irrelevant. Maybe that is the generation gap showing up. Or to be more accurate, 2 generations.:sad:Im guessing that to more than half the posters here, I'm older than your Gramdpa.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I guess I don't come here for real sports information. I come here for some chatter, a laugh, some entertainment, etc. Similar to how I approach listening to sports talk radio.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
There are some peak times for superb info on this site. It has become my main source for information regarding recruits, stats, etc. Is there some misc junk? sure, but thats fun to do when there is a lull in the ISU feed. Sometimes its just fun to gab and meet new people. I have come to know quite a few people on this site and its been great. I hope to meet many more of you in the coming years and tailgates.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I haven't been here that long, but I was figuring that it was merely the gap between seasons--and a disappointing basketball team. Of course, "disappointing" could well be straightened out tonight.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
IMO, the age thing scores you zero points. It's a tired card played again and again.

However, there is a lot of "fluff" around here these days. I'd venture to guess if our MBB team wasn't fighting to stay out of last place in the Big 12 - it wouldn't be that way. But it's easy to forget all the "inside information" that shows up here before any other online or other media source.

One nice "feature" of CF is the very diverse membership. It not only allows a wide variety of sports opinions - but gives members a place to obtain info and discuss life. Learn about technology, get personal reviews on products/services and much more! Sometimes these things get a bit sideways and go on too long - but generally - I'd say this is yet another "selling point" of Cyclone Fanatic.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think that the site diversifies with more posters - as there are more posters, there are more off-topic posts. Since we're getting to the end of a season where a lot of people are disappointed, as well, the off-topic posts are probably going to increase in number, since the "main sports" won't have a ton of activity going on. We purposely steer clear of recruiting scoops, so that info isn't the primary concern.

Edit: Well, I guess ISUFan and I agree. :wink:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Ohhh and we get to lose all of credits on crappy SEC and MVC basketball :)

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
As a source of sports information regarding ISU, I find this web site becoming more and more irrelevant. Maybe that is the generation gap showing up. Or to be more accurate, 2 generations.:sad:Im guessing that to more than half the posters here, I'm older than your Gramdpa.
Hey, just be proud you can use that fancy electric typewriter thing attached to a TV that you can't change channels on.:biglaugh:

Just kidding.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
SeriousCat.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron