Refs certainly let them play in the Dance

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
One thing that's really stuck out to me is how loosely they call the games in the tourney.

It seemed like the B12 refs were very quick to blow the whistle in conference play, but it's totally different in the tourney.

You have to be able to score points in the paint with several bodies banging on you to win in the tourney.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
One thing that's really stuck out to me is how loosely they call the games in the tourney.

It seemed like the B12 refs were very quick to blow the whistle in conference play, but it's totally different in the tourney.

You have to be able to score points in the paint with several bodies banging on you to win in the tourney.

Definitely seems that way for the most part. All I care is that it is consistent throughout a game, and hopefully fairly consistent game to game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Definitely seems that way for the most part. All I care is that it is consistent throughout a game, and hopefully fairly consistent game to game.

I'm just not sure that B12 teams are best served by playing all season in more tightly ref'ed games and then in the tourney they are molested.

On the other hand, KSU is probably the team that fits the best with that style of play and they didn't make it very far so I may be over thinking it.....

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
25 percent of the final 8 will be big 12 teams. I think we did fine except for Missouri and they don't count. Officiating has just been bad all season. I haven't noticed it as much in the tournament.