Refs at the end....

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
The first travel they called on CB after completely failing at life and missing a REALLY obvious one on Griffin in the first half was BS.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
With all that traveling, he should fit in perfectly in the NBA. On the positive side, I'm happy I'll never have to care about Blake Griffin ever again.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
:biglaugh:

It was a serious question. Who in the thread blamed the refs for the loss? The thread is about the refs not being good. You agreed. I'm not sure who you were trying to belittle.

SgtPepper

Jan 6, 2009
the replay of the Griffin "travel" before the 3 in the last couple minutes didnt look like a travel to me.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
the replay of the Griffin "travel" before the 3 in the last couple minutes didnt look like a travel to me.

You obviously didn't watch close enough and weren't watching the whole game. With how much he traveled it felt i was watching an NBA game, he should have been halfway back to Norman.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Touchy bunch.

People are in fact putting a lot of this loss on the zebras. Reading this thread, in-game and post game threads makes that clear.

I apologize if I upset anyone. :)

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Touchy bunch.

People are in fact putting a lot of this loss on the zebras. Reading this thread, in-game and post game threads makes that clear.

I apologize if I upset anyone. :)

Fair enough. I was at the game, so I'm not going to read the in-game thread, and I haven't made it through the post game thread. I just know that from what I've read, I haven't seen one person say that we would have won if it weren't for the refs, so I had no idea what you were talking about.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Refs were not the difference in the game but it definitely was pretty 1 sided in favorable calls towards OU. The thing I didn't like was Capel from the start was "buddying up" with the ref on that sideline quite a bit. No coincidence when Capel was on his case about DG carrying the ball that immediately after that timeout DG was called for it on our next possession. I was really surprised Mac did not get T'd up at the end there because he was livid and with good reason! Griffin seemed to do no wrong today and got away with several obvious travels.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Refs did not lose this game for us, but they made winning much more difficult. No refs are ever perfect (impossible to be), but they should also not be obviously biased towards/against one team/player.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron