Refs at the end....

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
The Griffin block on Hamilton should have been a goaltend, and when Austin Johnson threw it out of bounds with us defending it should have been our ball. The refs really were not good in the last 3 or so minutes.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm not sure I've seen a player that consistently travels as much as Blake Griffin. Almost every move he makes is a travel and never gets called. At least twice he glided about 10 feet without taking a dribble.

Reactions: kingcy

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I'm not one to normally put it on the refs, but the final 3 minutes of that ball game was horrible. When we were down 3 and Blake traveled in the corner and then kicked it out for Willie Warren to put them up 6... that was the game. The ref blew an obvious call and it cost us at least a CHANCE at winning.

rich4cy

Apr 11, 2006
throw in the fact that blake griffin did the super bowl shuffle with his feet three feet away from the ref...i think he was trying out for so you think you can dance

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
McDermott needs to make it a point early in these big home games to "set a tone" with the officials. He is way too nice. If he sort "shows them up" early on, or even gets T'd up, I think it pays off later in games. Tim Floyd was great at that!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'll take DG playing great D and driving over making free throws any day.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Things like sports have many variables, so blaming one for a win or loss is not usually a good thing to do. Had the Sooners missed every one of their shots we would have won too. Had a few of those 3's gone in we would have won. Had we made free throws we would have a won. The list goes on. The fact of the matter is that the officiating played a role in the game. You can argue that had the traveling on Griffin been called like it is supposed to be it would have been a closer game.

and McD was visibly pretty ticked with the refs pretty early in the game. It obviously didn't help. Getting a technical for it would help less and probably hurt since our margin for error was so small.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I'm not one to normally put it on the refs, but the final 3 minutes of that ball game was horrible. When we were down 3 and Blake traveled in the corner and then kicked it out for Willie Warren to put them up 6... that was the game. The ref blew an obvious call and it cost us at least a CHANCE at winning.

My mother would not be thrilled with the language I used toward that ref...

Blown freaking call. Figures...

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Floyd had a bit more talent that could have some more errors than what this team can get. LE and Floyd both could get their teams going with a well-timed T. I just don't thing we have the ability to recover from that yet if we give up 5 or 6 points in one possession because of it.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Yeah, the missed traveling calls on Griffin were unbelievable.. or rather, the chosen-not-to-call... how the hell can you miss those and have a job??

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron