Refinance

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
I'm not sure if this is frowned upon so please don't respond if it is, but people who have refinanced, can you name who you went through. I'm looking at refinancing, but honestly I'm not sure of what lenders are accepting a refinance. Currently my mortgage is through Wells Fargo.
Vision Bank, 30 yr @ 2.62%, 0 pts/0 orig just under $1400 closing costs.

Reactions: Cyclone06

CloneGuy8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2017
What I've noticed with a couple of credit unions is that refinance rates are higher than purchase rates, assuming to keep the refi volume down.

CSnyder

Aug 23, 2015
I am a Mortgage Loan Originator at Northwest Bank, in West Des Moines. 2019 Iowa State grad.

Would be happy to answer some questions through PM!

Reactions: cstrunk

mtowncyclone13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Really? What do you think are normal closing costs? We did our refi with $700 in closing costs
Idk, but do these numbers include the escrow amount?

My closing costs were 2,800 but included 1,000 in escrow, plus an unexpected $250 assessment after the derecho. Dumb

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston

My closing costs were 2,800 but included 1,000 in escrow, plus an unexpected $250 assessment after the derecho. Dumb
Escrow I would consider a pre pay and not a closing cost.

Also, if you have no closing cost or really low closing cost the lender probably paid those for you and bumped up the interest rate by .125 or .250 to cover it.

Pope

Feb 7, 2015
Veridian Credit Union has started doing refinancing again. I highly recommend them.

Cyclonefan710

Oct 19, 2012

Yeah I don’t include escrow for closing costs because it’s not really an expense. We avoided having to do an appraisal which did help lower our cost.