Redskins = WFT = Commanders?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
"An Idaho tech company has registered a website domain tied to what may be the new name of the NFL’s Washington Football Team.

"MarkMonitor, with headquarters at The Village at Meridian, obtained the domain for Commanders.com. MarkMonitor is the registrar for the NFL and all but six of the NFL’s teams, the Sporting News reported Thursday."

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It's hard to introduce a new sports team name without it sounding dumb because outside the context of most teams history all names of sports teams are dumb.
Yeah, a lot of current team names would also sound stupid or clichéd if they didn’t have history.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's fine.. It's not a home run but it's also not terrible.

Two years from now no one with think twice about it.

Not everybody can be the Kraken.
Exactly this. There will be some vocal haters initially, regardless of what they change it to, but nobody will care in a couple years.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It's hard to introduce a new sports team name without it sounding dumb because outside the context of most teams history all names of sports teams are dumb.

Seems to me that the Washington Warriors would have been a phenomenal name.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonedogg

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Seems to me that the Washington Warriors would have been a phenomenal name.
Wasn't there some weird history with that...like the team held the rights to the Washington Warriors and let it expire and someone else snatched up the rights and wanted millions for it. I have only have a vague recollection of that story.