RECRUTING: A quick update on the scholarship available

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Not much news here but I made a couple of calls yesterday regarding Iowa State's one scholarship that is currently available.

They've offered and are actively recruiting the Utah State kid, as Jared reported earlier this week.

It sounds like the competition is going to be pretty tough for him but Iowa State is in the mix.

My guess is that right now, assuming that nothing changes (other guys leaving, etc.), Iowa State is going to target a sit-out guard to immediately be able to help in 2019-2020. You'll be losing Weiler-Babb after this year for sure. My guess is Wigginton will depart after 2018-19 as well. This route makes sense.

Of course things could change depending on who becomes available. This seems to be the current direction the staff is going at this point in time though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Any other transfer names you're hearing? I saw we were looking at that grad transfer from Texas CC which seemed odd

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Not much news here but I made a couple of calls yesterday regarding Iowa State's one scholarship that is currently available.

They've offered and are actively recruiting the Utah State kid, as Jared reported earlier this week.

It sounds like the competition is going to be pretty tough for him but Iowa State is in the mix.

My guess is that right now, assuming that nothing changes (other guys leaving, etc.), Iowa State is going to target a sit-out guard to immediately be able to help in 2019-2020. You'll be losing Weiler-Babb after this year for sure. My guess is Wigginton will depart after 2018-19 as well. This route makes sense.

Of course things could change depending on who becomes available. This seems to be the current direction the staff is going at this point in time though.

Anything on the Marcus Carr kid from Pitt?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Since the Utah State coach was fired at the end of the season, does the NCAA potentially changing the transfer rules make it harder for the Utah State kid to pick the Cyclones? If the NCAA allows players to leave during a coaching change and not sit-out/red-shirt, would McKewen be looking for a program where he could play right away?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
McDermott has shown to be quite adept at pulling in the transfers, a far cry from his time at ISU. He definitely took the success that Fred had to heart and has gone all out on combing the transfer market.

Either that or he's saying:

"yes I'm the

*fake sneeze* former

coach at Iowa State..."