Recruiting

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
haha that's NO excuse. I went to poky and we rarely have linemen over 6'0 yet we were still successful. odd isn't it? that shorter football players can be successful. So quit trying to make excuses as to why you couldn't be successful.

and your 2 "good" athletes should be able to motivate others to get better.

Those two should automatically make the line better? That was the prime reason we werent a better football program. Half of the line was under 6'0. Its kind of hard for them to make the line better unless the coaching is better.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I live in Council Bluffs.

The QB at St Alberts, who i grew up with, went to the junior day. The staff told him that he had the best mechanics of everybody there. He wasnt the best but had the best form. He is a very good athlete and also a potential D-1 baseball player and D-II basketball player.

The RB at my school has received several letters from Roads. He runs about a 4.7 40 and is very strong. He isn't good enough for a scholarship at a BCS school, but could be a good walk on. Like the kid from SA he is defiantly a D-I baseball player. He has Missouri, Arkansa, Creighton, and Northern Illinois looking at him right now. NIU is looking at him for both football and baseball.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
haha that's NO excuse. I went to poky and we rarely have linemen over 6'0 yet we were still successful. odd isn't it? that shorter football players can be successful. So quit trying to make excuses as to why you couldn't be successful.

and your 2 "good" athletes should be able to motivate others to get better.

Zach and Kyle cant control the way the linemen blocked. Plus Kyle weighs more than ALL the linemen that started for Manson.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
I know they cant control how the line blocks, that's the coaches job, and I already said that I think manson needs some new football coaches. Anlicker hasn't been successful anywhere.

My point is that if you have 2 players who are successful, they must be doing something right inthe weight room, and they need to be motivating the other guys. And in what you say, "the line" to be getting better. They need to be the ones who step up, and are motivating the line to do get to the weight room, do that extra rep, and finish the sprint all the way through the line.
Success starts from within.

Zach and Kyle cant control the way the linemen blocked. Plus Kyle weighs more than ALL the linemen that started for Manson.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I know they cant control how the line blocks, that's the coaches job, and I already said that I think manson needs some new football coaches. Anlicker hasn't been successful anywhere.

My point is that if you have 2 players who are successful, they must be doing something right inthe weight room, and they need to be motivating the other guys. And in what you say, "the line" to be getting better. They need to be the ones who step up, and are motivating the line to do get to the weight room, do that extra rep, and finish the sprint all the way through the line.
Success starts from within.

Some of the linemen are pretty hard workers in the weightroom, but that really doesn't matter. Manson weight program is crap, and the line coach needs to teach some technique. Two players, who play skill positions, cannot change that.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
I've never said that they can change how they play or their technique. The only think i said is that they can motivate them to get into the weightroom, and get better.

I have no idea what manson's weight lifting program is, but I know that at poky our lifting program was pretty tough. 4 days a week mt, wth, with about an hour long workout alternating legs and arms. My body always felt like jello after a workout.

Some of the linemen are pretty hard workers in the weightroom, but that really doesn't matter. Manson weight program is crap, and the line coach needs to teach some technique. Two players, who play skill positions, cannot change that.

cyclonedcm

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
He should recruit Jim Bob and Billy Bob from my high school. They have no front teeth and should save on the expense of mouthguards. They're tough too.

GrimesCy

Oct 25, 2008
Grimes
He should recruit Jim Bob and Billy Bob from my high school. They have no front teeth and should save on the expense of mouthguards. They're tough too.

Bring in Marty Fine...You should make it to Substate...

Anliker? FD St. edmonds and where else?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Bring in Marty Fine...You should make it to Substate...

Anliker? FD St. edmonds and where else?

Wonder where Marty ended up? I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about that guy when he was a coach here.

Last edited:

GrimesCy

Oct 25, 2008
Grimes
I think he took a D2 Head coaching gig in Delaware/Vermont..Not sure which state..Bob Montgomery one of ISU's O-lineman follwed him out there to be a coach under him..Interesting...the 02 season where Wallace was tearing it up the first 5-7 games they went conservative and tried to make him a pocket passer..Way to quit using the best weapon with the most talented football player state has seen in decades 1/2 way through the season.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
I think he took a D2 Head coaching gig in Delaware/Vermont..Not sure which state..Bob Montgomery one of ISU's O-lineman follwed him out there to be a coach under him..Interesting...the 02 season where Wallace was tearing it up the first 5-7 games they went conservative and tried to make him a pocket passer..Way to quit using the best weapon with the most talented football player state has seen in decades 1/2 way through the season.
Bob Montgomery now coaches with Terry Allen at Missouri St. As soon as we played Oklahoma and our lack of a running game and poor blocking schemes were exposed we were screwed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron