Recruiting

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
What I would like to see on Cyclone Fanatic threads is information that actually concerns recruiting and Basketball, without searching through 5 -300 comments full of nonsense and trivia.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Fred watched Henry Ellenson, Nick Noskowiak along with others on Saturday. If anyone cares. Sounds like we are still in on Noskowiak.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Fred also began following Noskowiak on twitter.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
What I like to see on the front page is useful threads. I should have stayed in the real recruiting thread.

dswagclone

Mar 30, 2010

+ 1000. However, unfortunately, you've already got like 9 dumb replies. This is a cool site. It would be a great site if people would just knock off the annoying "i'm a bigger smart-aleck comedian than you" stuff that litters every thread.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think if the OP had a diff. screen name, we wouldn't see these types of responses.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
OP and others,

Keep posting information/questions/comments about recruits in the correct threads and I will try to do my best to keep it on topic going forward. I agree that there are certain posters whose entire goal isn't to contribute to a thread but rather be funnier than the next guy. There are threads on this site for posts like that, just not in every single thread.

I hope we can find a happy medium.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What I would like to see on Cyclone Fanatic threads is information that actually concerns recruiting and Basketball, without searching through 5 -300 comments full of nonsense and trivia.
Then I would suggest visiting Rivals? When you have a product which is free you can't be too damn picky.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Then I would suggest visiting Rivals? When you have a product which is free you can't be too damn picky.

No, but you can expect a little restraint. Not everyone has endless hours every day to try to amuse people, and those that don't would simply like pertinent info.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA

Speaking of that, I just came across an interesting fact...do you know what the dot above the letter "i" is called?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
No, but you can expect a little restraint. Not everyone has endless hours every day to try to amuse people, and those that don't would simply like pertinent info.
You can expect a lot of things but expecting restraint on a free message board isn't going to happen.

Frankly about the only pertinent info you're going to get from this message board is the people we're interested in. Last I checked there weren't many scouts here doing evaluations that are worth a damn.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Not much info in this thread...

sarcasm aside now, there isn't a whole lot out there for Bball recruiting. When there is, it gets posted pretty quickly in the RecruitLists thread. Sorry you have to endure rosterbation, Jersey retirement discussions, etc in between actual news. It just doesn't come out fast enough to avoid derailment.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Here you go Oldgeezer:

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein
Oregon State transfer Hallice Cooke told @CBSSports he will visit Iowa State this weekend (5/2-5/4). BC's Ryan Anderson also visiting.