RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm really going to miss seeing Baer on the floor this year. There was just something about seeing him hit a couple of three's and then following it up with a heat check off the side of the backboard that really hit the feels.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I'm really going to miss seeing Baer on the floor this year. There was just something about seeing him hit a couple of three's and then following it up with a heat check off the side of the backboard that really hit the feels.
Or looking for loose nickels on the court as he's running around.

Reactions: wgleason

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not to mention all the loose change and stray popcorn kernels he found on the floor.

Frick, Cyowan beat me to the punch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
View attachment 67867

Just leaving this here.

giphy.gif

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Honest question. Is that the 'initial' pick? And, one which stands 'unless' they change their mind? Or are these timestamped as more current when they're reassessed and reaffirmed?

So if it is still there when a player declares and the player doesn't go to Foggy is that counted as a wrong pick?

They can change their picks a million times up to the official commitment news hits; their percentage only takes a hit if they don't update in time... That is why you see most of them have high percentages.

In other words, their prediction percentages don't mean jack ****, and jack left town a long time ago.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
They can change their picks a million times up to the official commitment news hits; their percentage only takes a hit if they don't update in time... That is why you see most of them have high percentages.

In other words, their prediction percentages don't mean jack ****, and jack left town a long time ago.
I know they can change their pick, I was inquiring if they had foggy if it counted against them. Apparently it is just a "pass" and it - as you said - doesn't mean jack ****.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Except, of course, when he plays ISU in the NBA Finals. Then the heat check goes in. Hawks are always locked in for the Cyclones.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Anyone that was around for Rashad Vaughn knows the crystal ball pick percentages are a joke.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What makes you think this.

Don't know why else Bock would soften the blow this early if something Foster didn't break the news to Fran last night. Foster knows where he's going no matter what spin they put on it. They'll be respectful and say it came down to the wire when he commits too

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and jbindm

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I've said it several times but the Iowa fans that grew up during the Fry/Tom Davis era are absolutely insufferable

Hey I saw the light. I had even attended the Tom Davis basketball camp as a kid, but decided to get an engineering degree at ISU, and now I find hawk fans obnoxious. They are to be pitied and sometimes made fun of much like I do to my family.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person