RECRUITING: What I'm hearing ... 4-11-20 PM update

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Please don’t ***** at the posters who bring information to the board.

No offense but that's 1976. If he has any information beyond a magic 8 ball it'd be utterly shocking.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
New Name?

Justin Kier - George Mason

He publishes a top 10 several days ago, no Cyclones or Big 12 schools for that matter.

His school he's leaving, George Mason, is in his "transfer" top 10 (wtf). Now this morning Iowa State is in the mix. Truly a unique transfer season for the ages.

It'll be interesting to see what rules exist when NCAA approves the immediate transfer option, because right now transfers are rapidly turning into the same scenario as declare for NBA, but eligible to return.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
New Name?

Justin Kier - George Mason

739fbe44-1700-49fb-88b3-c3976dd5607c_text.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d say it’s solid but still needs some work.
This is all hypothetical until we land either of them, but DeJulius fixes our PG problem, and Kier fixes our wing problem. He'd start at the 3, Bolton at the 2, Johnson at the 4, and Solomon at the 5.

Off the bench, you have Conditt and Jackson, with 2 of the freshman contributing to some extent (Foster and Blackwell/Dubar).

Steve doesn't often go deep into the bench. He only does so if he absolutely has to. Say we land those two guys.. We have our starting 5 set, we already have Conditt and Jackson as nice bench guys, and then we're expecting 2 of the freshman to contribute some. That's 9 guys right there. That team isn't winning the Big 12 title or anything, but they'll for sure be competitive. Adding anyone after these two transfers would certainly help, but I don't think we need more than those two to simply be a competitive team.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This is all hypothetical until we land either of them, but DeJulius fixes our PG problem, and Kier fixes our wing problem. He'd start at the 3, Bolton at the 2, Johnson at the 4, and Solomon at the 5.

Off the bench, you have Conditt and Jackson, with 2 of the freshman contributing to some extent (Foster and Blackwell/Dubar).

Steve doesn't often go deep into the bench. He only does so if he absolutely has to. Say we land those two guys.. We have our starting 5 set, we already have Conditt and Jackson as nice bench guys, and then we're expecting 2 of the freshman to contribute some. That's 9 guys right there. That team isn't winning the Big 12 title or anything, but they'll for sure be competitive. Adding anyone after these two transfers would certainly help, but I don't think we need more than those two to simply be a competitive team.

Except that CW is projecting DeJulius to Cincy right now......

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The George Mason looks alright but the next mid major transfer Steve gets that pans out will be his first. It's going to be tough to sell p6 kids on coming in to a rebuild so I think we're really only looking at mid major kids just looking for more pub.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
It appears we just reached out today. The Kier report comes within hours of DeJulius announcing a decision time and everything points to Cincy.
Based on what? It's certainly possible we only reached out today. But, just because someone posted today on Twitter that we reached out, that doesn't mean we reached out TODAY, it just means they reported on it TODAY.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron