RECRUITING: Tyrese Haliburton taking unofficial visit on Aug. 25

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
From the limited video I saw of him my first comparison I thought of was another ISU player from Wisconsin, Deonte Garrett as a freshman.

Yeah, that one crossed my mind too. DG never blew you away with his athleticism but he could usually get to wherever he wanted on the floor by his senior year.

• Informative
Reactions: weeterkane

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm thinking that at 6'6 and maybe still growing he projects as a shooting guard or a combo guard.
Yeah, at that size SG is certainly my first thought. I just saw people in here referring to him as a PG, so I wasn't positive if they heard him say that or what. Just curious

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
tenor.gif

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Wow.... that shot is not good at all. I'd think he'd HAVE to change that low release for the next level, but I know it's tough to change someone's shot after all these years.

I trust Prohm, but I just hope this kid isn't getting offers because he's such a tall guard.

Hornacek revamped his almost completely, even changing it again when he went pro.

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
I actually hope we get this kid on top of Harris, Griffin, and Conditt. He seems like a guy Prohm could mentor into a good guard.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Did we push his OV back?

http://endlessmotor.net/2017/08/15/...s-4-official-visits-b10-powerhouse-jumps-mix/

Edit: NVM...August is unofficial. Story worth reading if not already posted.

MIchigan coming into the mix is interesting. Noteworthy that they already have 3 commits and are trending towards adding another in Justin Ahrens.

EDIT: Michigan has 4 scholarships to give in 2018. Ahrens would likely be the final addition to their class.

It's nice that Haliburton's timeline should allow us to see how things shake out with other targets like Harris, Griffin, Allen, and Horton-Tucker. I haven't heard anything on Duane Washington lately but I wonder if we get an official from him too. I get the impression Haliburton is ours if the staff wants him but we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron