RECRUITING: Tidbit on J.T. Gray

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Even without him committing, has there ever been a better recruiting class in ISU history? Each recruiting class under Rhoads has steadily gotten better, and this one is coming off a 3 win season.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You are implying that Shane is somehow a lesser coach, or not a good coach because you claim he's the "assistant DL" coach. My claim is that is an ignorant position to assert.

It is a little confusing, but I think what he meant is that Shane is now DT coach and he is asking if he will then coach DE's and DT's.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Even without him committing, has there ever been a better recruiting class in ISU history? Each recruiting class under Rhoads has steadily gotten better, and this one is coming off a 3 win season.
This is impossible to judge, I have learned my lessons in the past to get too excited. I know that MAC had some good classes with highly toted JUCO's mixed in, and the players ended up never panning out. Statistically based on where you are looking this is a very good class (247, and Scout top 50), I feel like we need a DLman, and if we pull JT, I am feeling even better.....

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
You are implying that Shane is somehow a lesser coach, or not a good coach because you claim he's the "assistant DL" coach. My claim is that is an ignorant position to assert.

Lol

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Bray was the DL(DE and DT) coach, and Shane was DT... Which wouldn't that make him Brays assistant?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I love your optimism, and I do agree that this and the last class have been Rhoads' best... but I don't think there is any reason to think this the best single class in the history of ISU football! Sure hope it is though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
"Most places"? I only ever looked on cyclones.com. I figured that's what counted.

Didn't they have him listed at DL coach? At least one upon a time? I'll admit I didn't frequent looking at it as I knew who we hired in the first place.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Somewhere in the coaching discussions, I got confused, did we find out if this kid going to MSU this weekend?

Reading several other sites, seemed like he was becoming ours to lose.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So our recruiting classes just keep getting better, and better, and better, huh?

Just think, someday we'll have a good enough team to beat a team like UNI. I can't wait.

But seriously... I get sick of hearing every year how talented we are from all the fans and Mr. Paul Rhoads himself. And then we go out and get physically dominated and outcoached by UNI in game one of the season.

So I'll believe we have ALL this talent, when we go out and win 7 or more games in the regular season. And if we do have a lot of talent and are still going 3-9, then you have to look at coaching.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
So our recruiting classes just keep getting better, and better, and better, huh?

Just think, someday we'll have a good enough team to beat a team like UNI. I can't wait.

But seriously... I get sick of hearing every year how talented we are from all the fans and Mr. Paul Rhoads himself. And then we go out and get physically dominated and outcoached by UNI in game one of the season.

So I'll believe we have ALL this talent, when we go out and win 7 or more games in the regular season. And if we do have a lot of talent and are still going 3-9, then you have to look at coaching.

We did look at coaching. Messingham and Pope were fired. Expect more of the same if we go 3-9 again.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny

wow you are a downer

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

We did look at coaching, and will basically have an all new coaching staff on the offensive side.