RECRUITING: Temple transfer Jeremiah Williams commits to Iowa State

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Williams is the second best guard on the Iowa State roster for 2022/23, after Hunter. A 6'5" PG will be a great change of pace when Hunter needs a break. Could run Hunter and Williams together against teams that press a lot. Hopeful that this commit takes minutes from Gabe
Williams specifically said that he is looking forward to the opportunity to play off the ball next to Hunter. I'm sure he would move over to the 1 when Hunter sits, but the plan is for him to play a wing.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Williams specifically said that he is looking forward to the opportunity to play off the ball next to Hunter. I'm sure he would move over to the 1 when Hunter sits, but the plan is for him to play a wing.

If that moves Gabe to the bench. This team just got A LOT more dynamic on offense for 2022/23. Bringing a guy like Gabe off the bench next year would AMAZING!

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
This is a fantastic addition to the roster. Can probably play and guard 1-3. His balanced stat line is great, shows effort and understanding. Lipsey is still gonna get his minutes, this also gives ISU a chance to just run. 3 capable PGs on a roster? Matchup defense? Hello fun and stun basketball. Gimme the best of Hoiball and Floydball and now we are talking.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If that moves Gabe to the bench. This team just got A LOT more dynamic on offense for 2022/23. Bringing a guy like Gabe off the bench next year would AMAZING!
Probably depends on matchups. Gabe is gonna improve his shooting in the offseason, or at least realize his midrange shot is his best. Versatility and matchups is what wins games that matter.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Good to land a target early. I remember how depressing it was with Prohm when it felt like nobody wanted to come here. Now let's fix up our bigger needs
Yeah that was depressing. What did we get to that one year 0 for 50? Things are looking up!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He also allows us to find the best shooter possible as the other wing transfer. Having 3 guys in a 4 man rotation that are lockdown defenders gives you some leeway.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Sounds like a solid player but I hope this doesn't mean the AJ Green rumors were false. They need a big time shooter or scorer next year or it's going to be painful on the offensive end again.

Reactions: jsb

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sounds like a solid player but I hope this doesn't mean the AJ Green rumors were false. They need a big time shooter or scorer next year or it's going to be painful on the offensive end again.
Relax, There are 2-3 open scholarships the staff will recruit a shooter. We shouldn't think of it as AJ if he announces his transfer or nothing. There are many SG that would fit nicely on next years team and after IB success to sell TJ can get 1 of the top of the available once he see's a fit.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Very excited to have another pg on the floor with that attitude and that can defend.

Moving off ball is interesting dynamic with Gabe. Maybe one or both improves shooting. One overlooked aspect of “fit” is what is the buy-in of the players in the program. It would be an impressive lockerroom flex by TJ to have the cultural in which players are willing to play less or shoot less or move off ball etc.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Gabe had the lowest Torvik rating on last years team. He should not be starting in 22/23
Starting with TJ seems to be more about setting the tone (on and off the court and at practice) than it is about minutes. We've also seen starters subbed out within 2 minutes. I don't really care who starts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron