RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I can still see the visual of Vaughn's press conference when he stated, " I have to do what's best for my ' FAMILY ' ". I don't believe that was driving distance from Minnesota. Or treating them to an occasional Vegas vacation. Or so they could see him on TV.

Whatever it is, I guess you got to hand it to them....ended up with about their 4th choice on a coaching search, has lacked postseason success lately, yet they haul in a 5-star, 4-star, and Juco POY in 24 hours. Wow.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lmao, have fun battling it out for 7th place in the Mountain West Shakur. Great choice!!

Picking UNLV means that winning isn't that important to him, so maybe he doesn't care about playing for 7th place in games that don't matter and nobody is paying attention to.... NBA scouts included. When Juiston finishes his season and is partying on the strip, ISU will probably be playing in the Big 12 Championship again, and in the NCAA tourney in front of millions watching on TV and NBA scouts everywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I only get pissed when losing recruiting battles to lessor schools. If Rashad Vaughn goes to Kentucky or Kansas. I get it. Unlv who plays in a bad conference. Gets no tv time. Has not had a winnning history since they got busted for cheating. That's what pisses me off. Especially when you know they are shady af. Definitely makes me appreciate the George Niang and Naz king types. Makes me know the shaker juiatons and rashad vaughns of the world are getting paid. Unlv offers nothing that he was quoted as saying he wanted

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Chris Beard -- the Arkansas-Little Rock -- literally left them after a week to go to Lubbock.

I mean, yeah, you recruit well, but you have no history of doing anything with mounds of talent that we would salivate to have. How bad do you have to be to be left for...

LUBBOCK!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Wigginton
Jackson
Brown (Babb if Brown doesn't come here)
Young
Lard

Off the bench:
Beverly (if he comes here)
Long
Lewis
McNeill
Kasongo

That's still a tourney team

Not so sure about that..a lot of ifs..

If Lard is real deal..Young developing..J Long coming of age.

Prob is Lewis, McNeil and Wigg are true Frosh..I think Wigg and Lewis will be big time players here..just might take some time.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
How does CSP sign a top 25 recruiting class? Relationships, hard work, having a product the recruit is looking to buy. It doesn't make any sense to think the kid should play at ISU or nowhere else because if he DOESN'T choose ISU then there are shenanigans afoot.

He just wasn't that into us.

Prohm had a winning successful program that's been to 6 straight NCAA tournaments and won 3 Big XII tourney titles in 4 years to sell.

And I didn't say just because he didn't pick ISU that there were shenanigans...I'm trying to figure out how UNLV is pulling in these recruits when they haven't played in the NCAA tournament since 2013 and won 11 games this past year...not a lot to buy recruits on...oops, I mean sell recruits on...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It only seems that way because there are 4 scholarships to fill. Getting Shayok was a big deal. If we get Brown, then that's 2 high level transfers.
No, it feels that way because he hasn't had luck in filling immediate holes. If he strikes out in selling such playing time and usage this year I think it's reasonable to question whether he's apt at an important skill at ISU.

He's been good at building future rosters and teams though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just REALLY feel for Steve Prohm. Class guy who did everything he possibly could and spent a ton of time, more than anyone else, in developing a relationship with this kid and his family. Recruiting these days has to be just a horrible thing to experience for any coach. Just really feel for Prohm.

He just needs to keep doing what he feels is best for these kids and their futures and it will always work out in the end. I truly believe that. Wigginton really appreciated all the time and effort Prohm showed him, and Juiston didn't give a **** and went to a party school instead of a basketball school. So maybe it was a good thing in the end that we didn't get Juiston if he wasn't interested in winning games or playing in games that matter.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Does anyone legitimately think UNLV is not incredibly dirty? Like I'm really trying to come up with some reasoning for someone to think they get the players above board. Irregardless of this kid coming here the players they get are so out of proportion to their standing in college basketball.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
And at the end of the day, I'll think happily when ISU has a better season than UNLV AGAIN, and the young man toils in obscurity (and maybe hookers and blow).

I watched UNLV play and LOSE to Air Force this year. 81-58 to be exact. In front of maybe 2,000 fans. I wasn't impressed, AT ALL. To be frank....UNLV sucks and they play in a second-rate conference. Rob (I couldn't hack it at Wisconsin-Milwaukee) Jeter is one of their assistant coaches. The fact that this young man wants to play there is mind blowing (emphasis on blowing).

Status
Not open for further replies.