RECRUITING: Rodgerick Brown to Wichita?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Brown wasn't going to be a world beater this year but with only 9 schollies filled and two of those guys coming off injuries, we have no room for injuries suspensions etc...17/18 is shaping up to be one of the more interesting seasons at ISU in awhile, there will be ups and downs I'm sure but I can't wait. Some success this year could set things up nicely for 18/19

• Disagree
Reactions: cyistopdog

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Shower thought today...

If we pick up two guys of Wigginton and Lewis' caliber every season rolling forward, absent whatever else happens on the roster, we will always have eight Top 100 guys like that around at any given time. That should be plenty to have a solid program.

Yes, some of them might not pan out, some might go pro early, but eight means you have "one to give" to be at a seven-man rotation, and you figure the 3* recruits, JUCOs, and transfers you round your roster out with are going to give you something sometimes.

Many of those will be nada, but some will be junior-senior Naz Mitrou-Long.

Trusting the process here... if Prohm keeps replicating that, we're good.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@cyistopdog

giphy.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It is getting a little frustrating when ISU always seems to not get these guys, but as others have posted, most of the guys that have gone elsewhere were 3 star guys that the coaching staff was hoping to add and develop into role/depth type players. There are no All Americans in that list.

Reactions: Knownothing

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Recruiting misses override actual wins and losses? This staff has been pretty good when it counts. You do realize coaches do more than recruit, right?

This is a good point. We have lots of talent, even with the misses. Now, it is a question of what Prohm does with them. Will they learn the system and buy into it quickly? Will guys bond and play as a team? If so, we can expect a pretty good season.

And frankly, I really like starting the season with Solomon Young as a known commodity.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
He averaged 8.9 points per game last season...

You must not have seen the Virginia/ISU game in Chicago then...the guy had talent when he played us. I remember saying to myself on one of his plays, dang that guy has skill. But, he wasn't a starter and didn't log a lot of minutes at the time I think.