RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Like we always say, there is always room for an impact player. That being said, really want brown

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Does that mean they surrendered their final scholarship?

Quick look and I think they had 4 open scholarships currently now 3. I doubt a late PG pickup would compete with Elijah for playing time this year. That said it looks like they currently have 7 PG/SG's on the roster. Those numbers and conference are why I think Oregon and ISU are the favorites imo. Guess well see Few is a good coach and would have a defined roll for Brown to sell him on these next few days.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Quick look and I think they had 4 open scholarships currently now 3. I doubt a late PG pickup would compete with Elijah for playing time this year. That said it looks like they currently have 7 PG/SG's on the roster. Those numbers and conference are why I think Oregon and ISU are the favorites imo. Guess well see Few is a good coach and would have a defined roll for Brown to sell him on these next few days.

Today's the last day of his visit, correct?
Thought it got switched to Tuesday through Thursday.

SUPER SPECULATIVE BS THOUGHTS:
Maybe they got the vibe the past two days that he wasn't feeling Gonzaga as much as Oregon/ISU, and that led to this Ayayi guy's commitment.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I hope you're right, but I'm not counting out the possibility that he could end up at UNLV. (insert sarcasm pirate)

Too soon...

I still would view Oregon as a slight favorite but hoping Donovan hitting it off can tip the scales in to ISU favor. Adding Brown to a back court with Jackson and Wigginton would be fun to watch.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Of course blue blood status is somewhat subjective but the most recognized are: Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA.

While Louisville and Arizona are very successful, zona didn't get to this level till the 70s and haven't won as many titles or final fours like coach K. Louisville isn't in top 10 of most wins which I believe should be a category for blue blood status. That could and probably will change in the future though.

I guess if we want the definitive answer on blue bloods, we will just have to ask tuco. (Although I'm sure your invoking of Kansas will make his arrival on this thread soon a certainty.)

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
with visit ending today, one would think he would have his decision this weekend. With no reason to think one way or another, I'll go ahead and predict he commits to ISU!

Love the optimism but with the lack of success that Prohm has had with recruiting transfers up to this point i'm not expecting him to come here. Would be a pleasant surprise for me

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I'm only going to get excited if a quality player signs the papers. Time to go back to the post world, which is really the pre-world, Juiston Juco fiasco.

• Friendly
Reactions: acgclone