RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys.

Not a lot to report tonight but I have been making some calls to see where things stand...

No commitment from Elijah Brown but multiple sources have told me that it went as good as possible for Iowa State. Elijah apparently really hit it off with Donovan Jackson.

I have reached out to Elijah but have not yet gotten into contact with him.

Sounds like Gonzaga is thought of as the clubhouse leader here. He will visit there later this week. I would have put Oregon ahead of Iowa State before this weekend. Now my guess is they are in a near tie for second.

--- In other news, I don't know, maybe I am too hopeful here but I still think that Shakur Juiston will end up at Iowa State. I think the young man is just very thoroughly looking around. He's got AAU influences and JUCO influences. Justion, I'm told must really wants to win. That's his big motivation. He loves Prohm, which is ultimately what I think the difference will be.

Just speculating, obviously, but figured you all might want a quick update.

FYI: I'm out of town in Iowa City taking my daughter to the doctor tomorrow. Should be on commitment watch. LOL.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I hope Cami is okay if you're all the way to IC instead of Des Moines or Ames.

My wife is in her pediatrics residency at a Top 5 program nationally if there is anything that we can do to help (at least here)!

Thanks for the encouragement about Brown and Juiston. Those two together would obviously start and perfectly fill the needs we have for next year with the rest the roster.

This place got squirrelly last week speculating on them, particularly DePaul.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I hope Cami is okay if you're all the way to UOIH&C instead of Des Moines or Ames. My wife is in her pediatrics residency at a Top 5 program nationally if there is anything that we can do to help!

Thank you for asking but no worries, She is just fine! Just a routine 6 month checkup for her leg (she was born with a clubfoot if you did not know). We had to drive to IC once a week for the first 6 months of her life but could not have been more blessed to have that facility as close as we do. Amazing work they do over there.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Thank you for asking but no worries, She is just fine! Just a routine 6 month checkup for her leg (she was born with a clubfoot if you did not know). We had to drive to IC once a week for the first 6 months of her life but could not have been more blessed to have that facility as close as we do. Amazing work they do over there.

Awesome. They are really good at UI. We're blessed to have them in our state.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Wish you were going on vacation instead of to the doctors, but that should do just fine.
Next years starting lineup can now be set in stone.

Don
Lindell
Brown
Juiston
Young.

that starting line up would be killer. Lots of talent and everyone fits a roll. Then Lewis, Lard, Babb off the bench. That is a team that should be in the NCAAs. So if Juiston really wants to win, it is way more of a gamble to go to DePaul than Iowa State.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyguy94

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Like hearing how DJ is influencing/meshing well with recruits.

Loved his story last year and I hope he becomes a modern-era all time fav.

Also like hearing how players enjoy Prohm. If he doesn't look out he might find himself out of Hoiberg's shadow before long. :)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That is 100% true from a huge personal experience. You think a city the size of Des Moines can handle anything, and while most cases can be, certain situations like the one our family has been in, makes you really respect the hell out of the U of I hospitals.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and jersey2

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I agree I think he ends up with Gonzaga. Stays out on the west coast where his dad is an assistant with Golden state. I read that Mark Few went to a Warriors Practice to talk to his dad.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
That is 100% true from a huge personal experience. You think a city the size of Des Moines can handle anything, and while most cases can be, certain situations like the one our family has been in, makes you really respect the hell out of the U of I hospitals.

Not sure what you all are going through but I'll be thinking about you...

Yeah, our deal was interesting. Pretty rare deal but not life threatening or anything. Yet we go there the first time and meet these families from all over the country who are staying in the Ronald McDonald House for like six weeks to get their kid's feet treated. Other docs all over the country do this treatment but the success rate is incredibly low compared to Iowa City. They are literally the world leader in clubfoot treatment. Doctors always in there from al over the world learning the technique. Just crazy how blessed we are to only have the hour and a half drive.

• Agree
Reactions: bawbie and isu2014

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Our prayers and thoughts are with Cami and parents. Never easy to physically and emotionally to go through the treatments. Cyclone Nation is with you Cami.

Reactions: tobya8

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I agree I think he ends up with Gonzaga. Stays out on the west coast where his dad is an assistant with Golden state. I read that Mark Few went to a Warriors Practice to talk to his dad.

His dad is pretty much in charge at Golden State with Kerr's back surgery complications. At this point you just let your son play where he wants.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Gonzaga and Few is coming off a NC and with Nigel-Goss going pro game would be an attractive destination for Brown. Though sounds like the staff and players impressed Elijah to come to Ames.
ISU has a lot of advantages over GU if his goal is the NBA.
I would think EB would want to play on a bigger stage against better guards. The TV games on a national scale should be a selling point. Gonzaga loses a lot this year but does have some highly thought of guards in waiting. Also for the first time in years they aren't the prohibitive favorite to win the WCC ranking behind St. Mary's and BYU in the early projection. The WCC isn't likely a 3 bid league usually it only gets one. Obviously adding Brown could change that out look but you would think he could worry about missing the tourney if they didn't get an auto bid.

Also I am not sure the location should be a major of a factor. Yes the Zags are west but located on the East side of the Washington close to Montana border that is a long way from Cali.
Just some thoughts for Prohm and D-Jax to pitch Elijah if he is up in the air.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
His dad is pretty much in charge at Golden State with Kerr's back surgery complications. At this point you just let your son play where he wants.
I don't think anyone thought his dad was forcing his hand.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Gonzaga and Few is coming off a NC and with Nigel-Goss going pro game would be an attractive destination for Brown. Though sounds like the staff and players impressed Elijah to come to Ames.
ISU has a lot of advantages over GU if his goal is the NBA.
I would think EB would want to play on a bigger stage against better guards. The TV games on a national scale should be a selling point. Gonzaga loses a lot this year but does have some highly thought of guards in waiting. Also for the first time in years they aren't the prohibitive favorite to win the WCC ranking behind St. Mary's and BYU in the early projection. The WCC isn't likely a 3 bid league usually it only gets one. Obviously adding Brown could change that out look but you would think he could worry about missing the tourney if they didn't get an auto bid.

Also I am not sure the location should be a major of a factor. Yes the Zags are west but located on the East side of the Washington close to Montana border that is a long way from Cali.
Just some thoughts for Prohm and D-Jax to pitch Elijah if he is up in the air.

Zags are entering Blue Blood territory with recent tradition of NCAA success. Much higher national profile than ISU currently. Can't blame Brown if he goes there since he has indicated a winning program is important to him. Let's hope he doesn't connect with their staff/team as he did with ISU.

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not sure what you all are going through but I'll be thinking about you...

Yeah, our deal was interesting. Pretty rare deal but not life threatening or anything. Yet we go there the first time and meet these families from all over the country who are staying in the Ronald McDonald House for like six weeks to get their kid's feet treated. Other docs all over the country do this treatment but the success rate is incredibly low compared to Iowa City. They are literally the world leader in clubfoot treatment. Doctors always in there from al over the world learning the technique. Just crazy how blessed we are to only have the hour and a half drive.

A Doctor Ponsetti at U of I developed a new procedure to treat club foot in the 40's or 50's and changed the fate of thousands of kids around the world. It is a treatment that has to be done when the child is young. I think the treatment is still the same which consists of recasting the foot multiple times to gently turn it outward. He practiced until he hit his upper 80's or 90 and just passed away within 5 years I think. I kept track of the guy because I went to U of I children's hospital in the late 1950's to be treated for legg perthes (hip) disease and he was my doctor.