RECRUITING: Memphis transfer Markel Crawford hosting ISU on Sunday

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I was thinking we'd make contact given we're probably underdogs for the other three.

18% usage %, 33% on 3Ps, low 3PS rate AND FTA rate.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's got decent size, looks like he doubled his numbers from his soph to jr seasons.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yes please. Would also add another connection to the Memphis market (looking at you, Moss)
Agreed. The staff looks like they want to start a Memphis pipeline and we have to start somewhere. Might as well start here, especially if we miss on Egor, Brown and Alstork.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
If we can get two big game players (Juiston and say Egor) Id be totally game for this guy to go along with Shayok. Itd give us atleast 3 openings for next year and with how hard this staff works on the trail and how we are becoming a known team I like our chances to keep pulling in big named players.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If we can get two big game players (Juiston and say Egor) Id be totally game for this guy to go along with Shayok. Itd give us atleast 3 openings for next year and with how hard this staff works on the trail and how we are becoming a known team I like our chances to keep pulling in big named players.

This guy is a grad transfer so he's lumped in with Brown, Egor and Alstork.

They're dead set on getting a grad transfer wing apparently.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Do you think all this chatter on ISU targeting grad transfer posts is a ploy to get Juiston to commit on his visit?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Aside from hopefully landing Juiston..We need another shooting wing with experience on this team..a scorer and 3 pt. Shooter with experience. I'm thrilled with addition of McNeil and Lewis the frosh but its a roll of the dice on whether they come in big 12 ready so with LW and DJ need at least 1 more shooter and scorer in the backcourt/wing.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Aside from hopefully landing Juiston..We need another shooting wing with experience on this team..a scorer and 3 pt. Shooter with experience. I'm thrilled with addition of McNeil and Lewis the frosh but its a roll of the dice on whether they come in big 12 ready so with LW and DJ need at least 1 more shooter and scorer in the backcourt/wing.

Agreed, but we can't forget about Babb - I think he could have a break out year. Also, Jakolby Long should see some more time if he is ready. Would be thrilled if we hit on a couple of these wing players in addition to Juiston though!

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Yeah why is it that we aren't recruiting any grad transfer posts? I wonder if we are waiting on juiston before we pursue any so we don't scare him away, or if we just simply aren't going to recruit any.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah why is it that we aren't recruiting any grad transfer posts? I wonder if we are waiting on juiston before we pursue any so we don't scare him away, or if we just simply aren't going to recruit any.

I think we're waiting on Juiston. It's pretty clear that he has the exact skill set that we need, so I'm fine with it.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

The big man grad transfer options are very weak this year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
The big man grad transfer options are very weak this year.

Yeah, the best back up option is Brooks out of high school, and really, if all else fails, the staff would probably rather take a dynamic 2/3 and play a little small next year if necessary, rather than fill it with a 4 who may or may not be ready for this level. Young/Lard/Kasongo already gives us better potential and size than we had last year.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, the best back up option is Brooks out of high school, and really, if all else fails, the staff would probably rather take a dynamic 2/3 and play a little small next year if necessary, rather than fill it with a 4 who may or may not be ready for this level. Young/Lard/Kasongo already gives us better potential and size than we had last year.

The staff has been pretty good at keeping targets under the radar unless they become targets. Crawford is a good example of a player that most of us didn't see a connection with until it was announced yesterday and them visiting today. I guess the staff has identified a couple of post targets as contingency plans if Shakur's visit doesn't end in a commitment. Not having a bunch of post player associated with ISU also shows Juiston that the role they are selling him on is defined and he won't be competing with another player for minutes. Actually I think that is one reason we haven't heard of a visit with Morrow set. Brooks is a true center in my eyes and still has some refining and I don't see him affecting Shakur's recruitment.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
The staff has been pretty good at keeping targets under the radar unless they become targets. Crawford is a good example of a player that most of us didn't see a connection with until it was announced yesterday and them visiting today. I guess the staff has identified a couple of post targets as contingency plans if Shakur's visit doesn't end in a commitment. Not having a bunch of post player associated with ISU also shows Juiston that the role they are selling him on is defined and he won't be competing with another player for minutes. Actually I think that is one reason we haven't heard of a visit with Morrow set. Brooks is a true center in my eyes and still has some refining and I don't see him affecting Shakur's recruitment.

Very possible. If Juiston falls through and we don't land another post/4 man, it's also possible that Young slides to the 4 at times when we need to go big.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron