RECRUITING: Iowa State sticking out to Talen Horton-Tucker after unofficial visit

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah sorry I worded that bad. I meant that after reading about him a little a bit and the connections he apparently he has that if all goes to plan he should be beneficial to have around the program and maybe connect with recruits on visits (not sure if GA's are even able to do that either)

I agree. I think his focus on the new fundamentals of basketball (floaters, euro steps, etc) could be attractive to certain recruits.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Well if he has a "Georges" type game I think the staff would know how to use THT....
"A prospect that has shown that no ceiling exists when it comes to his development, Talen Horton-Tucker has continued to make major strides both with his body and game. The total package at the small forward position, the top-150 recruit began his story as a lightly recruited regional prospect and now sits with offers from some of the top programs nationwide.
Sporting Georges Niang-like abilities as a point-forward, Michigan State was the latest to jump in with an offer. Dispatching an assistant to watch his lone outing on Wednesday, Horton-Tucker finished with a cool 22 points off of eight of 12 shooting from the field. A more cut list is expected next month as a group consisting of Florida State, UNLV, Iowa State, DePaul, MSU, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, Xavier and Ohio State is likely to make it through to the next round."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/oladipo-camp-wednesday-observations

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think Michigan State is going to be hard to beat out on this one, hope I'm wrong cause I really think his game could fit well in with the pieces we will have in place when he would arrive on campus

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think Michigan State is going to be hard to beat out on this one, hope I'm wrong cause I really think his game could fit well in with the pieces we will have in place when he would arrive on campus

He's recently stated that he wants to play early. Now, a blue-blood offer may change his attitude one that some, but if that's truly something he wants, MSU may not be quite as high on his list. Impossible to say, really.

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone and Cydkar

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Good point on playing time.

Msu already has 4 2018 commits and Brown and Kither seem to be similar players to THT
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits
He's recently stated that he wants to play early. Now, a blue-blood offer may change his attitude one that some, but if that's truly something he wants, MSU may not be quite as high on his list. Impossible to say, really.
Both good points, and guess I hadn't heard that but everyone wants to play early don't they? Haha I hope he sees what we have and can offer him here

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron