RECRUITING: Iowa State among the schools interested in former Miss State signee Garrison Brooks

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Well that seems promising... I won't get to excited unless we hear of a visit planned. That said him naming ISU as one of the programs that initially reached out and now a quick offer it appears he is intrigued by the staff and ISU team.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
we just need one of these southern kids to break the ice, have some success, and then we'll be able to sign more. maybe brooks is that guy!

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
The 247 news, if true, is very good news.

I was skeptical of Prohm's ability to recruit at first, but it seems his straight-forward and honest nature strikes a tone with young men these days. He's gonna tell it like it is, and truly cares for personal development, in addition to basketball development. His work to transform and showcase first Abdel, now Deonte, has to be doing wonders with perceptions around his ability to develop mentality as well as game beyond just point guards.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
If you're a 247 VIP, this is some very interesting info. Makes me a little more optimistic about Brooks.

I Won't post cuz it's VIP but I'll say I am very optimistic after reading.

I was skeptical of Prohm's ability to recruit at first, but it seems his straight-forward and honest nature strikes a tone with young men these days. He's gonna tell it like it is, and truly cares for personal development, in addition to basketball development. His work to transform and showcase first Abdel, now Deonte, has to be doing wonders with perceptions around his ability to develop mentality as well as game beyond just point guards.

Is this low-key some kind of scam to get me to become a 247 VIP?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Pretty crazy if it's playing out like Alex's source said. Next weekend could be even more interesting if Brooks took a visit.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

The straight forward and honest approach works a lot better when it doesn't involve the head-coach-in-waiting of the Chicago Bulls. Don't get me wrong, I'm very optimistic about Prohm, but getting in on a lot of guys should have been the norm the past 5 years.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
wow, that was some great information from Alex! Recruiting is fluid so there are a lot of moving parts but it is definitely heating up! If what he says is true, they definitely have a shot!

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Man, I don't envy this staff...

I know we have the room for both Juiston and Brooks, but how do you balance recruiting efforts there? I'd assume we'd want Juiston more because of experience and leadership, but I'm also assuming Brooks won't want to come in and be behind Young and Juiston for two years.
Lie and ask forgiveness later! Just kidding, I think there will be plenty of playing time to offer as we don't know how good Lard is and Young isn't a lock to start.