RECRUITING: In-state 2015 QB takes unofficial

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Rohach was an Elite 11 QB. Wonder if this kid will get an invite. He's got some good schools recruiting him, so perhaps the potential is there.

Rohach was NOT an elite 11 QB. He was invited to a camp with 40 other high school QB's to battle for the elite 11. He did not make it. There was also something like 3-4 of Rivals top 10 QB's in that class that did not attend.

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Rohach was NOT an elite 11 QB. He was invited to a camp with 40 other high school QB's to battle for the elite 11. He did not make it. There was also something like 3-4 of Rivals top 10 QB's in that class that did not attend.

To be fair, its kind of in the middle. He got through the first round and got invited to a separate, Elite 11 camp with 23 other QBs. It is true he was not selected for the "Elite 11" though.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Kid might be good, saw this on Twitter the other day from Iowa's beat writer. Would guess he's going to get an offer from Iowa.

Iowa HS Football@IowaHSfootball Jan 31
Top 5 '151.Ryan Boyle QB Dowling2.Trevor Allen RB Waukee3.Bryce Meeker OL CR Prairie4.Jake Newborg OL West Lyon5.Brady Ross LB Humboldt

Don't know if I can take a top 5 list serious that doesn't start with the Paulsen twins. They are 2 of the top 5 players in Iowa. ISU was in pretty good with them until the coaching changes. Likely going to Iowa now.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Don't know if I can take a top 5 list serious that doesn't start with the Paulsen twins. They are 2 of the top 5 players in Iowa. ISU was in pretty good with them until the coaching changes. Likely going to Iowa now.

well anybody that would want to play for our old coaching staff instead of the new coaching staff is kind of dumb and probably deserves to go to Iowa.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
well anybody that would want to play for our old coaching staff instead of the new coaching staff is kind of dumb and probably deserves to go to Iowa.

Recruiting is about relationships. It is kind of a silly attitude to think that everyone on the old staff couldn't form relationships and recruit. The heavy lifting recruiting wise is done by coaches without a HC/DC/OC beside their names. The Paulsen twins are from NW Iowa, and Bleil was from there as well. I guess they really liked him. I don't see any reason to rip on 17/18 year old for the college they choose to attend, or the coaches they choose to play for.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Recruiting is about relationships. It is kind of a silly attitude to think that everyone on the old staff couldn't form relationships and recruit. The heavy lifting recruiting wise is done by coaches without a HC/DC/OC beside their names. The Paulsen twins are from NW Iowa, and Bleil was from there as well. I guess they really liked him. I don't see any reason to rip on 17/18 year old for the college they choose to attend, or the coaches they choose to play for.

because Iowa football recruits become iowa football players which become Iowa football fans which become just the worst.

I understand how recruiting works, but it isn't like our old recruiting coordinators kept us from winning three games last year.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
because Iowa football recruits become iowa football players which become Iowa football fans which become just the worst.

I understand how recruiting works, but it isn't like our old recruiting coordinators kept us from winning three games last year.
Actually, someone who stereotypes other teams' players and fans is "just the worst".

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Kid might be good, saw this on Twitter the other day from Iowa's beat writer. Would guess he's going to get an offer from Iowa.

Iowa HS Football@IowaHSfootball Jan 31
Top 5 '151.Ryan Boyle QB Dowling2.Trevor Allen RB Waukee3.Bryce Meeker OL CR Prairie4.Jake Newborg OL West Lyon5.Brady Ross LB Humboldt

I know I've said this a lot on this site, but I'm hoping we give Trevor Allen an offer. Kid is fast, can break tackles like no other, and has the most powerful legs I've seen on a HS running back at least in the state of Iowa. Kid will be a star IMO.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
It's not fair at all to say that Boyle was better than Lanning in high school.

Obviously Boyle has a year to go and we'll see if he has a great year that outdoes Lanning's great career. Another state title would probably do it. But I think it's fair to say that what Boyle did at the uni-dome last year was more impressive than what Lanning did there his senior year, but then I really don't remember a more impressive performance by a qb than what Boyle did in the semi's and final last year. And he basically did it in 3 quarters against Xavier in the championship game.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Obviously Boyle has a year to go and we'll see if he has a great year that outdoes Lanning's great career. Another state title would probably do it. But I think it's fair to say that what Boyle did at the uni-dome last year was more impressive than what Lanning did there his senior year, but then I really don't remember a more impressive performance by a qb than what Boyle did in the semi's and final last year. And he basically did it in 3 quarters against Xavier in the championship game.
Not saying his performance wasn't more impressive. I had the chance to watch both of them extensively, and Boyle does indeed have another year. But it's not that Lanning is flashy, but he is just a winner.

And everyone knows Dowling recruits their talent. There is a reason that Boyle lives in Newton and plays for Dowling.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Dowling was really planning ahead when they had his sister 3 years older in school

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
There's a few guys you can accuse us of recruiting if you want but Boyle isn't one of them. There was never any question he was coming to Dowling due to family ties

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron