RECRUITING: Hilton Madness visitors

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm worried about the attendance for Hilton Madness. Just doesn't seem like much buzz going on around the team with all the familiar faces gone. We need to go all out for THT

We love going to Hilton Madness but just can't handle the multiple hour trip home with the 11:00 a.m. football start. Works better for us when it is an away football game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It takes awhile to build this up. When I was a kid I loved watching the new guys scrimmage after a football game

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
I have also been kind of surprised by the attendance for Hilton Madness. Maybe it just needs a few years to take off and be something fans get more excited about attending. Blue bloods usually have pretty extravagant midnight madness events with full houses of spectators. Hopefully Hilton Madness can grow into being a premier fall event on the athletic calendar.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Its definitely geared more toward students and fans with younger kids (as it should be). I'm probably gonna go tomorrow but always feel a little out of place at this thing.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I was thinking student would be cool. Hold auditions or let the Isu daily get involved.
A college student MCing an event on a Friday night?
college-binge-drinking.jpg

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Is Siepker MC again? Definitely could use a better host, CW, JW, some random dude off street would all be better.

I think it was last year but he was pretty much shouting the entire time. It was very grating on my nerves.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think it was last year but he was pretty much shouting the entire time. It was very grating on my nerves.

Yeah, it was him last year. This will be the first year we can't make it. I love getting a glimpse of the new guys, and when you don't have tickets, it's nice to at least see them shoot in person.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
That would be great for you guys to sit there and throw rotten tomatoes at me and boo me mercilessly and make fun of my hair and draw on my face after I passed out but let me tell you something. I have dignity. I will not MC an event in which those things happen to me. At least not again.
We could put exclusions of those activities in your contract. What are your pre-performance green room demands?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just a heads up on this.... Not much new.

Talen Horton-Tucker will be in on his official visit tomorrow night. He will be joined by ALL of the other 2018 commits, who are in on unofficial. Obviously this is a strategic play by Iowa State to get this group together.

A 2020 kid - Ben Carson out of Minnesota - is scheduled to be on an unofficial as well.

I'll write more about this later this afternoon.

Ben Carlson is the son of ISU basketball letterwinner Marc Carlson. Marc's oldest child Brynn is on the Kansas State volleyball team.

Help Support Us

Become a patron