RECRUITING: Cyclones land commitment from three-star linebacker Cael Brezina

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Iowa State picks up its third linebacker commit for the 2024 class in three-star addition Cael Brezina

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Was he at today's camp?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Welcome Cael!!! That's a big name to live up to in Ames. :)

Cael Sanderson

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Most of our recruits don't have many p5 offers but maybe we're just getting in early on them?

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Most of our recruits don't have many p5 offers but maybe we're just getting in early on them?
It's a combo of both. We don't recruit all that well. Our big hope is getting in super early on guys before the bigger schools come calling. Until we start winning, that's how we're going to have to recruit.

Reactions: Drew0311

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I would think NIL has not helped us in recruiting. More P5 offers mean more potential NIL competition.

Last edited:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I would think NIL has not helped us in recruiting. More P5 offers mean more potential NIL competition.
may be true but we're still ranked 36th currently in the class of 2024 which isn't horrible by any means.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Only because of volume of recruits. We're aiming for around the #60 mark again. This class so far has been under our typical average recruit ranking.
To a degree- some have 8,9,10 ahead and behind us.

We stand at 12 recruits.

But looking at averages - we don't look all to good right now. I'll admit that. Haha

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm telling you guys, and I've been telling ya, I just have a rotten feeling in my gut about the trajectory of the football program. Between NIL and the disaster that last season was, momentum is seriously against us right now. Campbell probably should have got out while the gettin' was good a couple years ago, because I doubt he will ever be as hot a commodity like that again. If they go even 6-6 this year, he should look for a greener pasture. Until Iowa State and our fans get serious about giving to NIL, the expectation for us should be bottom 3rd in the conference. I hate to have such a gloomy outlook, because I love Iowa State and eat, drink, sleep, and breathe Iowa State, but it just seems like there is a glass ceiling in football here. Campbell would have had a legitimate shot to be our version of Kirk Ferentz if not for NIL I truly believe. Spread offense and Air Raid is what did McCarney in, NIL will be MC's demise.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I'm telling you guys, and I've been telling ya, I just have a rotten feeling in my gut about the trajectory of the football program. Between NIL and the disaster that last season was, momentum is seriously against us right now. Campbell probably should have got out while the gettin' was good a couple years ago, because I doubt he will ever be as hot a commodity like that again. If they go even 6-6 this year, he should look for a greener pasture. Until Iowa State and our fans get serious about giving to NIL, the expectation for us should be bottom 3rd in the conference. I hate to have such a gloomy outlook, because I love Iowa State and eat, drink, sleep, and breathe Iowa State, but it just seems like there is a glass ceiling in football here. Campbell would have had a legitimate shot to be our version of Kirk Ferentz if not for NIL I truly believe. Spread offense and Air Raid is what did McCarney in, NIL will be MC's demise.
Thanks, Debbie.