Recruiting Class Rankings

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I thought it interesting the different recruiting services take on our class. ESPN has Re-al Mitchell as our top recruit. Followed by Greg Eisworth, Carson Schleker, Joey Ramos, Brock Purdy, Joseph Scates, Tayvonn Kyle, Sean Shaw, Jr., Will McDonald and Trevor Downing as our top 10.

247 Sports has Joseph Scates, Sean Shaw, Jr., Joey Ramos, Trevor Downing, Will McDonald, Jaeveyon Morton, Brock Purdy, Greg Eisworth, Michael Rose and Isaiah Lee as our #1 through #10.

Rivals is not as clear cut with their generic ratings but I sorted our recruits by rating and it put them in an order that is not alphabetic or any other apparent criteria, so this must be the order of their top 10 for us: Joseph Scates, Joey Ramos, Jaeveyon Morton, Sean Shaw, Jr., Will McDonald, Michael Rose, Isaiah Lee, Dallas Taylor-Cortez, Greg Eisworth, and Tayvonn Kyle.

I like that ESPN had our three signing day guys (Purdy, Scates and Kyle) as our 5th, 6th and 7th top recruits. You also see as we already knew that recruit analysis is highly subjective.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We got some good kids this year. All we need is the o-line to start pancaking people. Then its Natty time.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
ESPN's recruiting is garbage outside of their top 300. Eisworth 1st according to ESPN, but 8th for 247, and 9th for Rivals. Scates is 1st for 247 and Rivals, but 5th for ESPN. As you can see the rankings from 247 and Rivals are much closer. ESPN is the clear outlier. Overall I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'd take 247 and Rivals rankings more seriously than ESPN's.

GoldenCardinal

Aug 29, 2016
Iowa
You can tell ESPN doesn't put a lot of time into it when they list one of our 2019 commits (Darien Porter) in our 2018 signing day summary.

Capture.png