RECRUITING: Are more in-state commits on the way?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I can see Allen or Ross being late offer guys or walk ons.

Hopefully Nerness doesn't go with KSU

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Because every iowa hs player that goes to UNI turns out like that. Maybe we should just field a team of all Iowa high school players. And drop down to division 3.

That's not what I said at all, but I do think both Iowa and ISU miss out on a few kids that are head scratchers. Jake Knott wasn't being offered by Iowa or ISU until the Ankeny coaches told a newly hired CPR about him and we got him late. And I'm sure if Iowa and ISU realized how good David Johnson was, they would have found a way to get him on campus, probably with a scholarship as UNI did. The kid was a 6-3 200 pounder that was an elite sprinter and dominated eastern Iowa football. And now isnt' the time to make fun of having so many Iowa players like UNI after the way they dominated us last fall.

tippyclone

Jun 4, 2014
I think Ross wants to go to eiu. Not for sure though. I believe his brother went there.Not sure if that will be a factor.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I have read the same thing about Raridon. Steep uphill battle to get him.

I've read the opposite. Obviously he's going to have a lot of offers, but you never know.

That's not what I said at all, but I do think both Iowa and ISU miss out on a few kids that are head scratchers. Jake Knott wasn't being offered by Iowa or ISU until the Ankeny coaches told a newly hired CPR about him and we got him late. And I'm sure if Iowa and ISU realized how good David Johnson was, they would have found a way to get him on campus, probably with a scholarship as UNI did. The kid was a 6-3 200 pounder that was an elite sprinter and dominated eastern Iowa football. And now isnt' the time to make fun of having so many Iowa players like UNI after the way they dominated us last fall.

No kidding? Hardly an argument that we should recruit more Iowa kids. Besides, we just got 2 in-state commits and offered 2 more who I hope we can land. Can you tell me how they are going to perform 3-4 years from now because I'm sure the coaches would love your psychic ability!

Apr 19, 2006
I've read the opposite. Obviously he's going to have a lot of offers, but you never know.

No kidding? Hardly an argument that we should recruit more Iowa kids. Besides, we just got 2 in-state commits and offered 2 more who I hope we can land. Can you tell me how they are going to perform 3-4 years from now because I'm sure the coaches would love your psychic ability!

Well I'm guessing we will win between 3-6 games. CPRs seat will be getting hot, but he will still be giving some time like Coach Mac.

Although we must wait and see how the Mangino Express experiment goes first!

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

No kiddsing? Hardly an argument that we should recruit more Iowa kids. Besides, we just got 2 in-state commits and offered 2 more who I hope we can land. Can you tell me how they are going to perform 3-4 years from now because I'm sure the coaches would love your psychic ability!

Well then you have read something that his wrong. Nebraska is the favorite to get him with him saying it's his favorite and he's already been multiple times.
I would be the goes to Nebraska or another big time football school. His brothers went to Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Well then you have read something that his wrong. Nebraska is the favorite to get him with him saying it's his favorite and he's already been multiple times.
I would be the goes to Nebraska or another big time football school. His brothers went to Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

His brother that went to Wisconsin grayshirted and then never joined the team.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

I'd respond to your post if it was in english.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

Relax. I don't claim to have any psychic abilities, just that some of us think there are more good Iowa high school players that probably deserve scholarship offers. UNI has made a living taking a lot of Iowa kids that Iowa and ISU don't offer, then usually come into Ames or Iowa City and scare the h out of us or beat us. And it didn't take a psychic to see that David Johnson was going to be a good college player, some of us on here were expressing our frustration that we weren't offering, and getting put down by some for doing so. I've never said we need to be offering a bunch of Iowa kids just for the sake of offering, but if it's close between an Iowa kid that grew up wanting to be a Cyclone and a kid of relatively equal skill from another state, I'd like to see the ship go to the Iowa kid. And I think the quality of high school football in Iowa is better than some want to give it credit for.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Relax. I don't claim to have any psychic abilities, just that some of us think there are more good Iowa high school players that probably deserve scholarship offers. UNI has made a living taking a lot of Iowa kids that Iowa and ISU don't offer, then usually come into Ames or Iowa City and scare the h out of us or beat us. And it didn't take a psychic to see that David Johnson was going to be a good college player, some of us on here were expressing our frustration that we weren't offering, and getting put down by some for doing so. I've never said we need to be offering a bunch of Iowa kids just for the sake of offering, but if it's close between an Iowa kid that grew up wanting to be a Cyclone and a kid of relatively equal skill from another state, I'd like to see the ship go to the Iowa kid. And I think the quality of high school football in Iowa is better than some want to give it credit for.

What is UNI's record against FBS teams that are NOT Iowa State? Cause we play FBS teams.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
What is UNI's record against FBS teams that are NOT Iowa State? Cause we play FBS teams.

You're also missing the point, and I don't know their record against FBS teams. I doubt they play many except us and Iowa. How many FBS teams does UNI get to play at home?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
You're also missing the point, and I don't know their record against FBS teams. I doubt they play many except us and Iowa. How many FBS teams does UNI get to play at home?

Looked real good against Roseboro bound in 12' Wisconsin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron