RECRUITING: Alex Manske among top performers during night 1 of Elite 11 finals

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why doesn't this tweet describe who it is? Or am I missing this?

I'm assuming this is our guy, Alex?
When you make a thread with replies, it’s assumed it’s the same subject. Unless otherwise noted.

So, all Alex, though my eyes aren’t good enough to be sure.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When you make a thread with replies, it’s assumed it’s the same subject. Unless otherwise noted.

So, all Alex, though my eyes aren’t good enough to be sure.
And I understand that. Still, it would be nice (to avoid mistakes) for the Tweeter to put the person's name on it. I know the poster doesn't have to and it is assumed who it is.

Edit: But you right, and I don't profess to know how these mass tweets work. Just happy that some of our guys post them! Thx

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Rivals had Alex rated 19th among the 20 quarterbacks in yesterday’s “Pro Day”.

Not surprising to me, since he clearly has a freewheeling style. However, also says he started off well before his arm tiring.

Stamina is easily fixable. Reid Kagy will be all over that.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

Not surprising to me, since he clearly has a freewheeling style. However, also says he started off well before his arm tiring.

Anyone know what the breakdown on the other QB's are as far as 1 sport or multiple sports?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Or large high school vs small high school.

Or warm weather vs cold weather sta—oh, that one’s pretty easy, isn’t it? :wink:
I was more looking at which of those QB's were multi sport athletes that weren't focused on QB football 24/7

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana

I saw that one of recruiting experts noted that Alex had to go first in the "Pro Day" Skills Competition and that put him at a disadvantage.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

And don't we, as a team, now use the same QB trainer that Brock uses, from Florida, Will Hewlett? Sure, maybe they can't go see him directly in FL like Brock does, but our coaches are familiar with his training techniques now, and video, face time, etc. Yes?

If that's true, I would think all of our QB's could benefit from that. Brock has said that Hewlett made him a stronger, more efficient passer. And Brock didn't start training with him until after he graduated, and just before the draft. The results, for him, have been very good, I would say.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Heard from a couple Algona High Supporters that the Algona football team seemed to run out of gas , in the 4th quarter Of games in 2023. So if Alex struggled as the workouts continued is not surprising. Maybe something to work on the rest of the

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Sure, maybe they can't go see him directly in FL like Brock does, but our coaches are familiar with his training techniques now, and video, face time, etc. Yes?
TJ Tampa saw at least one cornerback guru in the offseason that I know of. I’m pretty sure that if Rocco (or any other QB on the roster) wants to see a QB guru on his own dime, that’s not a problem.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron