Reasons to be Optimistic

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
A lot of us have been pretty outspoken about disappointment with the state of the football program and quite a few have stated their displeasure in us fans. Figured we need a place for fans to state reasons for optimism for the 2015 Cyclone Football season, and how this program can get back on track.

I've come up with a few:
1) Veteran offense with a full year under Mangino's system
2) Injuries from 2014 should be healed
3) First five games of the season are winnable. Starting 5-0 is possible, and only one more win would be needed for a 6th and bowl eligibility.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
nope.gif

L

LincolnWay187

This team has to prove something before I will show any optimism. My lowered expectations will keep my saturdays from being ruined for a while

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
There are lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Also lots of reasons to be pessimistic...

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
At the very least I am expecting a more competitive football team. Getting some W's and trying to avoid the absolute beat down games (Baylor 2013, OU last year).

Oh and I am pretty pumped to hear and see jack trice with 62,000 fans!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
At the very least I am expecting a more competitive football team. Getting some W's and trying to avoid the absolute beat down games (Baylor 2013, OU last year).

Oh and I am pretty pumped to hear and see jack trice with 62,000 fans!

Yeah, there were some unfortunate beatdowns.

But there were also close games we could have won had some bounces gone our way: K State, Texas, Okie State.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Just a play on D away from 5 wins (Texas, KSU, Tech) a couple plays away from beating WVU, (6) and had the team shown up they should have beat KU (7). I think the JUCO's that were brought in are going to be that difference maker this year, along with Jordan Harris from last year.

6 wins this year and a bowl game.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
This team has to prove something before I will show any optimism. My lowered expectations will keep my saturdays from being ruined for a while
this is where I am too. I'm very ready to see some victories again! But until it happens my expectations have pretty much plummeted.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Reasons to look forward to football:

- This team will be 0-0 come week one. None of the losses carry over from last season. Yes, the memories do, but that can also fuel the offseason workouts and push the players to do better.
- The schedule is favorable in September. ISU has a great chance to get confidence back on their side, and more importantly, momentum. Win those early games and suddenly the 'harder' games seem more winnable.
- Every year there is some kind of surprise team who comes out of nowhere and surprises the nation. Will that be ISU? No. Probably not. But, keep putting the pieces together, have the ball bounce a couple different ways and ISU could add another W or two. That would be huge for the program, as sad as that may sound.
- Tailgating. Win or lose, we still booze.

I thought I had more but that's all for now. Carry on.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
As the cliche goes, one game at a time. Let me see how they do against UNI. Close win, or a loss, and it's going to be the SOS (Same Old ****) for 2015

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
I'll be optimistic if I hear that the team is focused on utterly destroying UNI. I want them to sound like (excuse the reference) the Iowa Wrestling team when they're wrestling Luther or another similar team. If they defeat the mighty Panthers decisively, then I'll allow myself more optimism for the rest of the season.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Don't think we can start 5-0. 4-1 is unlikely but possible. I'd lean towards 3-2 or 2-3. Say we go 4-1 though... Winning two more Big 12 games is not impossible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron