reasonable bus fare for a bachelor party

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
anybody have any inside track? we have one coming up early august that i'm best man for. want to leave from ames, to prairie meadows, to downtown dsm, to the lumberyard, back to ames. i should have started looking at this a long time ago i know, but any help would be much appreciated.

we already did his bachelor party for close friends and went skiing in breck last march so this is just for those that didn't want to shell out a bunch of money for that. now i don't want to shell out a bunch more money since i already did for a ski trip, so trying to keep this fairly reasonable.

thanks in advance.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
anybody have any inside track? we have one coming up early august that i'm best man for. want to leave from ames, to prairie meadows, to downtown dsm, to the lumberyard, back to ames. i should have started looking at this a long time ago i know, but any help would be much appreciated.

we already did his bachelor party for close friends and went skiing in breck last march so this is just for those that didn't want to shell out a bunch of money for that. now i don't want to shell out a bunch more money since i already did for a ski trip, so trying to keep this fairly reasonable.

thanks in advance.
How many people? I think a bus probably runs around $500 or so if you have 30 people it will be around 20 a piece with tip.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
looked into it and its closer to $1500. 30 people and the extra mileage and we would be using it for about 10 hours. 500 would be good.

ianuni57

Nov 28, 2007
Central Iowa
I am also in this same boat and I was referred to First Student in DSM. Yeah, the same busses used for the school system. They said they are used quite a bit for bachelor/bachelorette parties. I thought it was crazy but they quoted me $57 an hour for a 3 hour minimum. They even said they have enough busses and drivers that the day before they would still be able to get us a bus.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
looked into it and its closer to $1500. 30 people and the extra mileage and we would be using it for about 10 hours. 500 would be good.

For 10 hours, almost everything is going to be in that $1500 range. If you can get it down to 5-6 hours, you should cut the price in half.

Why not get a hotel room(s) at Prairie Meadows, have the bus pick you up from there? I'm guessing 5 hours would be good and you'd eliminate the extra mileage.