Really fans???

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I was disappointed that fans left early as well. As noted, a fairly sizable group left before the 2 minute mark. For this game I happened to have seats right behind the KU bench. Bill Self noted the fans leaving...that is why he took a timeout with about 15 seconds left. We heard him say, "let the place completely empty out." He wanted Hilton to look empty for the cameras. Unfortunately...it did.

I am glad you heard Self's comments. When he actually took the timeout, all I could think from the balcony was that he enjoyed seeing everyone walking out with head down. It seemed pretty clear, no other reason for him to take a timeout at that point.

Sounds like Kansas considers Hilton any ol' gym. Sure the team never really took the fans to the next level, but I dont think the fans went over and above to take it their either.

I dont think the atmosphere at Hilton was worth the 5 or so points it can be, and that was a shame because it was a tight game. I suppose we fans met expectations on Monday, perhaps we could exceed them in the future.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
2 minutes to beat traffic..more than likely will be caught up with by the people who stay. Unless a good excuse, one of those things I don't get..I wonder who left from the iowa game down 5 with a minute left.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
There were people in sect 237 who left the Iowa game with 2 minutes to go. I was STUNNED.

If you can't stand sitting in your car for 10 minutes in traffic, why come to the game at all? Why even leave your house? Maybe just sit in the bathroom on your throne, with the TV in front of you, and have pizza delivered to your bathroom. Good lord.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was disappointed that fans left early as well. As noted, a fairly sizable group left before the 2 minute mark. For this game I happened to have seats right behind the KU bench. Bill Self noted the fans leaving...that is why he took a timeout with about 15 seconds left. We heard him say, "let the place completely empty out." He wanted Hilton to look empty for the cameras. Unfortunately...it did.

I would like to think that you are making this up, but I fear that it is true.