Really fans???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
...and I swore I heard an overrated chant. Unless some sort of self troll that chant needs to stop. Especially when down to lower ranked team.

We were a higher ranked team and lost to a lower ranked team. If I had to guess, I'd say it wasn't Iowa State fans chanting overrated.

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
Losing the in the closing minute to a team that starts all nba players is embarrassing ? You are embarrassing

Please...the game was over when fKU went on a 9-0 run to start the 2nd half and our only gameplan was to have Niang keep launching up bricks from 3 after he was already 0 for the century

Dingus

May 23, 2013
An nba team that's ranked 7 spots lower then us? Seriously getting out rebounded like that and the second chance points is stupid and is an indicator of hustle, not talent. KU did whatever they wanted against us and with ease

You pay too much attention to rankings. If you can't tell that that's a top -10 team right there I don't know what to tell you.

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
Those players played with no heart and gave the fans nothing to cheer for, usually I agree but as a top ten team getting embarassed like that at home is awful

Kansas came into Hilton playing like a National Champion. Our All-American was hurt, but still played like an absolute warrior as did Dustin. I also thought Melvin and Monte also played a good game. We had almost no time to rest and recover from a tough loss in Oklahoma. We needed to have another big who could step up and give George some rest tonight. Lack of depth, inability to hit the 3 and free throws seemed to hurt us tonight. Give our team a little time to rest and recover. I think they likely bounce back at Texas.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
fans that left with like 1-2 minutes left only down by 7-8 points are stupid (now there's reasons like your wife being sick as explained, but to just beat traffic, come on....)

The thing is, these people aren't actually leaving. They're all hanging out 4-5 deep along the concourse wall. You want to leave, then leave. You want to watch the end of the game, sit in your damn seat. Makes me wish we could land a giant donation to add seating to the inner concourse.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Far too many leaving early. I would like to have a reputation of being a fanbase that cheers our team right to the end. And for those who leave early, you don't deserve to see a Hilton Magic comeback.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The thing is, these people aren't actually leaving. They're all hanging out 4-5 deep along the concourse wall. You want to leave, then leave. You want to watch the end of the game, sit in your damn seat. Makes me wish we could land a giant donation to add seating to the inner concourse.
Why does it matter to you whether they're in their seat or standing at the wall?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Why does it matter to you whether they're in their seat or standing at the wall?

Primarily because it looks like **** both in the arena and on TV. And it happens all of the time. The under-4 timeout somehow became a cue for a mad rush to the concourse. Doesn't matter if it's a 10-point lead or a one-possession rivalry game. If they're so hot to trot to get to the parking lot, force them to the outer concourse and they can listen to the last four minutes in the car, stuck in traffic.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If the team is on the court, we stay. For those of you who say they showed no heart, and didn't give us anything to cheer for...tell that to Dustin Hogue, who threw his whole body into every play tonight...and likely is one big bruise from head to toe with the punishment he took. Tell that to DeAndre Kane, who played on a bad ankle, and still managed to put up impressive numbers. Tell that to Monte Morris, one of the smallest guys out there, who had four steals and a defensive rebound to go with his one assist and 7 pts. Tell that to Matt Thomas, who, despite struggling with his shot recently, still had the balls to sink a three-point shot to bring us within five at the 1.40 mark, then turned around and stole the ball from KU's hot-spit freshman, Wiggins.

Yeah, they were cold in shooting. They were out-rebounded by a team that is on average, taller & with more reach. But they stayed in it. In fact, they were within five points several times in the last few minutes. What if the 40% on their way to the parking lot had stayed? Could we have willed the ball into the basket or willed KU to miss shots? Remember Iowa??? We'll never know...because what you showed the team is that you are giving up on them. They bore you. You think that's going to make them play with "more heart"? You're delusional if you do. Don't tell me you're die hard fans if you leave the team hanging out there, winning or losing, tight game or blow-out. And don't try to kid yourselves that you are die hard fans either.

I'm disappointed for the team (I don't think they wanted to lose tonight...do you?)...but more than that, I'm disappointed IN many of the fans, including a number of those posting here tonight.

/rant

Reactions: oldman and Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If the team is on the court, we stay. For those of you who say they showed no heart, and didn't give us anything to cheer for...tell that to Dustin Hogue, who threw his whole body into every play tonight...and likely is one big bruise from head to toe with the punishment he took. Tell that to DeAndre Kane, who played on a bad ankle, and still managed to put up impressive numbers. Tell that to Monte Morris, one of the smallest guys out there, who had four steals and a defensive rebound to go with his one assist and 7 pts. Tell that to Matt Thomas, who, despite struggling with his shot recently, still had the balls to sink a three-point shot to bring us within five at the 1.40 mark, then turned around and stole the ball from KU's hot-spit freshman, Wiggins.

Yeah, they were cold in shooting. They were out-rebounded by a team that is on average, taller & with more reach. But they stayed in it. In fact, they were within five points several times in the last few minutes. What if the 40% on their way to the parking lot had stayed? Could we have willed the ball into the basket or willed KU to miss shots? Remember Iowa??? We'll never know...because what you showed the team is that you are giving up on them. They bore you. You think that's going to make them play with "more heart"? You're delusional if you do. Don't tell me you're die hard fans if you leave the team hanging out there, winning or losing, tight game or blow-out. And don't try to kid yourselves that you are die hard fans either.

I'm disappointed for the team (I don't think they wanted to lose tonight...do you?)...but more than that, I'm disappointed IN many of the fans, including a number of those posting here tonight.

/rant

Great rant. I agree 100%. Our guys tried very hard tonight and deserved our support. I hate what it says to the players, announcers, and TV audience when so many of our fans leave early (even if only for the concourse).

Doesn't the essence of Hilton Magic mean that we do everything we can to help our team win. Wouldn't it be great if we were known as fans who never give up? I think most of the people who left early (especially before the 2 minute mark) are a disgrace to Hilton Magic.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Hard to get into the game when you miss every big 3. 4 for 25 doesn't get folks excited. Most people didn't leave til 2 min

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Saw many leaving with 2 minutes left down 7. Thanks for your support.

Loyal sons forever true??

I STAYED THE COURSE BUT DID NOTICE 2 jHAWK TWITS LEAVE THE EAST CYCLONE ALLEY JUST BEFORE HALF TIME, USHERED OUT BY TWO COPS. Went down and talked with the usher since they had sat there for almost the full first half before taking off their jackets, thus exposing their blue J-TRASH SHIRTS. Usher said they had other people's IDs, including one girls ID, which they covered up the pictrure of her on the Id with their thumb when showing to get into Cyclone alley. Cops took the trash out and to the north of Johnny's. Was told they kicked them out of the SE door next to Johnnys place. Usher said they forgot to confisticate the IDs.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Hard to get into the game when you miss every big 3. 4 for 25 doesn't get folks excited. Most people didn't leave til 2 min
"Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent's pressure, and the temporary failures."

Vince Lombardi

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
That's what it was like, nice and loud. There weren't as many people leaving early as there usually is, but more than I'd think would leave a close game.

Someday they will miss a comeback. Someday.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I've got a good joke related to leaving a game early that might help people calm down:

Q - Why did Ron Artest leave the game early?
A - He wanted to beat the crowd.

I'm hoping all of you get this joke and hopefully it has helped people calm down about the fans leaving early.

I, for one, was angry that I stayed up late (live on the east coast where we're an hour ahead) to watch a Cyclone team that looked terrible and that had no desire to win this game. Having to be at work by 6 and staying up late to watch this game was a b*tch. We need this win against Texas BADLY on Saturday or we can kiss first place goodbye.