Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
I thought this was an incredible interview with a VP at Endeavor. She provided a perspective on current happenings that I haven’t heard yet, and shared some cool behind the scenes insight into Yormark’s thinking. Nothing directly earth-shattering about realignment, but did hint at the end that some things may come out after these Big 12 meetings.

Last edited:
Reactions: LarryISU

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't love adding uconn fb but just like sdsu, BY isn't going to go rogue and add teams without the networks signing off first. What a journey that would be for uconn fb.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Adding UConn + CU, AU, and ASU would make pods much simpler for a 16 team B12 than Utah. With Utah one of ISU or Houston would have had to be in a pod with WVU, Cincy, and UCF.

With UConn:
West: AU, ASU, CU, BYU
North: ISU, KU, KSU, OSU
South: TTU, Baylor, TCU, Houston
East: UConn, WVU, Cincy, UCF

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Looks like UConn's football attendance was around 20,000 to 25,000 last season. That's not great, but it's interesting that they play their football games in Hartford, CT which is 30 miles from their main campus.

Their average bball attendance is solid as you would expect at 12,000.
UConn has the UCLA Rose Bowl issue for sure. Also if you’ve never been to Storrs, CT it’s arguably more rural and in the middle of nowhere than Ames is no joke. It’s a great college campus and feels like a traditional college campus. Gampel Pavilion is a cool little place to see a bball game but most of their big games for hoops are at the Xcel Center in downtown Hartford. Very Wells Fargo like and bland/boring. Plus Hartford sucks.

Their football stadium is easy to get to and parking is pretty solid. It’s a nice little stadium but nothing to write home about. They just don’t care about college football up here in the Northeast. But damn do they love hoops. Selfishly I want UConn only because it’s the only way I would see the Clones in person as I live in CT.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Adding UConn + CU, AU, and ASU would make pods much simpler for a 16 team B12 than Utah. With Utah one of ISU or Houston would have had to be in a pod with WVU, Cincy, and UCF.

With UConn:

Here we go, Pod talk again lol

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Here we go, Pod talk again lol
wf2gR9e.gif

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

With UConn:

I think ideally you’d just have three protected rivals. Play those three every year, then rotate the other 12 teams 6 one year the other 6 the next(based on 16 team conference). Somewhat similar to the pod system, but there’s actually no division or pod and you just put your best two teams(conference records) in the conference championship.

So a hypothetical Iowa states rivals could be Kansas, KSU, OSU.
But Kansas could have their protected rivals be KSU, ISU, Colorado.
Colorado could have KU, BYU, Arizona

And so on.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Looks like UConn's football attendance was around 20,000 to 25,000 last season. That's not great, but it's interesting that they play their football games in Hartford, CT which is 30 miles from their main campus.

Their average bball attendance is solid as you would expect at 12,000.
Uconn should abandon football.
Anyone giving a **** about their football or using it as a point in realignment shouldn't.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Agree. I could see Utah being Texas Lite in the B12. Or at least thinking they are.
The risk of adding another Texas is pretty low. Texas had the threat to go to the B10, SEC, PAC or independent. Pretty much any one would have taken them under certain conditions, but it was Texas’s call to make those conditions happen.

Nobody remaining carries that kind of weight. If the B10/SEC issues an invite, there’s nothing the B12 could do to keep them. Until that happens, the B12 is the best spot available.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Uconn should abandon football.
Anyone giving a **** about their football or using it as a point in realignment shouldn't.
If the media partners are ok with it, I’m OK with it. Any school can have potential if they have money and can hire the right coach. But if ESPN and Fox are willing to pay for them and it helps other Big12 schools win games, that’s not bad either. Someone has to lose games. Big12 has been the best conference upper middle to bottom(minus Kansas) for awhile now.

• Agree
Reactions: Allikat and isucy86

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If the media partners are ok with it, I’m OK with it. Any school can have potential if they have money and can hire the right coach. But if ESPN and Fox are willing to pay for them and it helps other Big12 schools win games, that’s not bad either. Someone has to lose games. Big12 has been the best conference upper middle to bottom(minus Kansas) for awhile now.
Pretty sure the contract reads that ESPN and Fox will pay a full share for existing P5 schools.

Like I said earlier, there's zero reason to jump or work hard for UConn. The B1G and the SEC will never take them. They'll always be there.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Pretty sure the contract reads that ESPN and Fox will pay a full share for existing P5 schools.

Like I said earlier, there's zero reason to jump or work hard for UConn. The B1G and the SEC will never take them. They'll always be there.
And like I said if the media partners agree, then why not? People are getting waaay too caught up in ESPN’s pro rata clause. It’s just like BB only schools, it’s being explored but it’s not going to happen without Fox and ESPN’s blessing. UCONN is being explored, but it’s not going to happen without ESPN and Fox’s blessing.

That’s just common sense.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And like I said if the media partners agree, then why not? People are getting waaay too caught up in ESPN’s pro rata clause. It’s just like BB only schools, it’s being explored but it’s not going to happen without Fox and ESPN’s blessing. UCONN is being explored, but it’s not going to happen without ESPN and Fox’s blessing.

That’s just common sense.
I would rather have 4 corners, or Oregon and Washington with HUGE penalties for leaving, or see what happens with ACC wreckage in a decade.

Reactions: 2speedy1 and NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron