Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
“The Pac-12 hasn’t won a national championship in football or men’s basketball since 2004, and that was USC. The Big 12 had a team in the College Football Playoff final in January, and boasts the past two winners of men’s March Madness. They can at least provide a few notable accomplishments whereas the Pac-12 just gets to tell you how good Utah is.”

Drag the lake the body is there somewhere lol.
All true but I think TCU in the CFP championship may have done the Big 12 as much harm as good.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
UGa acted like they were sleeping in the semis. Smart must have lit the fire under them for the championship, because they took it up a couple levels for it. Nobody was touching them that night.
It also helps that OSU has the exact type of talent that can challenge Georgia.

• Optimistic
Reactions: IASTATE07

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
UGa acted like they were sleeping in the semis. Smart must have lit the fire under them for the championship, because they took it up a couple levels for it. Nobody was touching them that night.

Yeah the combination of TCU going balls-out and being beat to hell after beating UM, and Georgia being woken up by OSU... all the momentum was going wrong on both sides for TCU.

I mean, Georgia was better than TCU, period. So TCU needed to play their best game, and Georgia something less than theirs. But the way the semis unfolded, the opposite happened.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This is a wildly bad opinion.....they are competing with everybody else. NBA, WWE, and any other entertainment out there.

"I don't feel the angst of everyone else in the world. Maybe it's because I'm too dumb to realize," Robbins added. "We've got a deal for another 15 months. We're the only ones out there. It's not like were competing with anybody else"
Oh that's horrific.

The NBA is anticipating getting $75B in their next deal after the 24-25 season and they are expecting that NBC and CBS may make bids for packages in addition to ESPN and WBD. WWE is expected to get at least double the $2.35B they got from NBC Universal and FOX 5 years ago.

You're ABSOLUTELY NOT the only ones out there.

Reactions: TheHelgo

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I feel bad. I’m going to offer them $100 for their tier one games. Don’t tell them but I will double that if they let me hang with the football cheerleaders (the female ones) at the game. That will be by negotiation strategy.